Tuesday

Episode 7

We pick up our story at the apartment of GREGG and NINO where we left GREGG the Kappa with the two freshman women, CARYN and CYNTHIA.

CYNTHIA - I thought you said your roommate was going to be here. The Alpha from the yard. Where is he?
GREGG - Oh Nino, well, uhh, he left a little while ago. He had an errand to run. But you can stay out here and watch cable while Caryn and I go in the back.
CYNTHIA - Is he coming back? I don't want to be the third wheel and I definitely don't want to be stuck out here while you two love birds are nesting. I'll just go back to the dorm.
(CYNTHIA thinks "Damn, Nino was fine as hell too!")
CARYN - Are you sure Cyn? You really don't have to go because there will be no nesting going on here. (Gives GREGG the evil eye) You can watch BET or something.
CYNTHIA - I'm sure. You two have fun. I'll find something to do. See you tonight Caryn.

(Cynthia walks toward the door)

CARYN - You know you will girl. See ya. (Turns towards Gregg) What are you talking about "while we go in the back." Have you lost your mind?
GREGG - (Playfully grabs Caryn) Girl, you know I was just playing.Get over here...

Door slams

(While walking down the steps, CYNTHIA drops her purse and all its contents
fall out. As she is picking everything up someone bends down to help her.
Without looking she says thanks and gets up to find it was NINO helping her.)

CYNTHIA- Nino, I didn't think you would be back so soon. Gregg said you were out running an errand.
NINO - Oh yeah, well...I had to get some air. You must be the young lady he met on the yard. Are you leaving?
CYNTHIA - Yeah, I'm Cynthia. I left because I didn't want to be the oddball. Do you want to go out and do something?
NINO - No, I have to catch up on some reading. Maybe some other time.
CYNTHIA - OK. Well, I'll see you around. Bye.
NINO - Bye.

(Walks to room and opens door. Sees Gregg and Caryn on the couch kissing.)

NINO thinks "Man, why can't they take that in the back."

(NINO looks back toward steps and then back at the peep show. Shuts the door. Yells at Cynthia).

NINO -Hey, wait up what did you have in mind?
CYNTHIA thinks "Yes, yes, yes!"

(As Cynthia walks back toward room, Nino hears the phone ring.)

NINO - Wait right here, I'll be right back.

(NINO goes inside to answer the phone)

NINO - Hello.
CANDACE- Hi boo.
NINO- Hi baby! How you doin'?
CANDACE-Actually I am running out but I just wanted to call and say that I miss you.

(Nino looks at her picture on his desk)

NINO - I miss you too baby. Wait, hold on I got a call coming in. (click over) Hello.
REGGIE-Nino, wassup this is Reg, Donte has a set over at the house. You down?
NINO- A set? With who?
REGGIE-Some p-boys. It is about that time you know? So what's up, you comin'?
NINO-Yeah it's on! I'll meet you there. Peace. (click over) Candace?
CANDACE-Yeah boo I'm here. I gotta run out, but I love you Nino.
NINO- I love you too baby, bye.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our story changes and finds MONA on the phone with her mother SOROR FERGUSON.

SOROR FERGUSON - Of course I will pin you dear. That won't be a problem at all. I actually have saved many of my AKA things from when I was at Ahpla to pass on to you. This will be a special time for both of us.
MONA - I know, I can't wait. Did I tell you that I met one of the neos last week?
SOROR FERGUSON - No, who?
MONA - Her name is April. She seems cool but she got a little attitude with me just because I tried to introduce myself.
SOROR FERGUSON - Really?
MONA - Yeah, her roommate is probably going to be on line as well. Her name is Presjina and she is really cool. She should have made it last year but you know how politics can be.
SOROR FERGUSON - But back to this Soror April. Why does she have an attitude?
MONA - I don't know. I guess cuz she is a soror. I mean, I expect it. But I'm not trying to deal with no mess. I know what they can and cannot do. You taught me well mom.
SOROR FERGUSON - You just keep me informed of what takes place.
MONA - SkeeWee future soror!
SOROR FERGUSON - All right now Mona, let's not push it! I'll be your big sister first, let's take one step at a time.
MONA - Just kiddin' mom.

(Phone rings in PJ and APRIL's apartment)

PJ - Hello?
MONA - Hey PJ.
PJ - What's up girl?
MONA - Nothin' much. You going to the AKA party this weekend?
PJ - I haven't decided yet.
MONA - What you waitin' for, an invite? Come on PJ, you know you have to go.
PJ - That is the thing though. If I go, that is me saying to myself and to them that I am trying out again. And that is what I really have not decided yet. I don't think I can go through all the motions and then settle for the disappointment all over again.
MONA - Trust me, you have nothing to worry about. If anybody needs to make it, it is you.
PJ - Thanks. I take it you'll be there.
MONA - (laughingly) I would be deejaying if I could.
PJ - (laughs) Girl you crazy. Honestly, it is really in my heart. I love what they have and I want a part of that so bad I can taste it. And at the same time, I have seen sides of April that I don't like. I don't want myself to ever get there either.
MONA - Like I said, you are your own person.You can make this sisterhood whatever you deem it to be. I have got major plans for what I want to do once I get my pearls, and nothing is stopping me.
PJ - I thought I told you to stop talking that way.
MONA - Oh yeah, sorry. So you coming or not?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We next find DERRICK and RONNIE talking in the cafeteria.

RONNIE - So what you doin' this weekend playa?
DERRICK - I'm going to this campus party with June. She is dragging me along.
RONNIE - June wants to be down with the pink and green?
DERRICK - Yeah I know, crazy right?
RONNIE - I hope she don't change on you.
DERRICK - (laughingly) Yeah nigga like you did?
RONNIE - Aw man, you always my boy even though you aint Omegarized yet.
DERRICK - Yeah... ok.
RONNIE - Naw but really though. Some of these cats that pledge aint cool and I would hate to see you caught up in some mess with some of these niggas.
DERRICK - What do you mean?
RONNIE - Well like this Alpha, Bobby. You know he goes with Alexis right?
DERRICK - Yeah.
RONNIE - Well he's messin' around with that other girl. What's her name...Trina.
DERRICK - So what? Who aint cheatin' at Ahpla?
RONNIE - Yeah but you know when you got a good woman, you kind of settle down. You know how it is. Like you and June. Well Alexis is crazy cool, and she deserves better than him.
DERRICK - Sounds to me like you hatin' a little.
RONNIE - Naw, I like Alexis, she is a good girl. Some girls you just don't do that way. If I was really hatin', I'd tell her about Bobby and Trina.
DERRICK - Why don't you? You think she would believe you?
RONNIE - I aint got no reason to lie to her.
DERRICK - How the hell would you tell her some shit like that anyway?
RONNIE - Yo, at the AKA jam!
DERRICK - What? Nigga are you crazy? Here you go startin' some shit.
RONNIE - I know they're gonna be there. Bobby will be with the Alphas and she don't let him out of her sight for no party. And if Trina is there, he will probably leave her alone for at least a few minutes...and boom there I step in. I let her know the deal and fireworks fly.
DERRICK - And what do you get out of all this?
RONNIE - Nothing. Just a possible future with me and Alexis. After she gets her cry on, she will need a strong brother like myself to help heal her wounds.
DERRICK - (laughing) Well you are one crazy nigga if you think that stupid shit is going to work.
RONNIE - Watch it work!

No comments: