Tuesday

Episode 4

Our story opens this week in ALEXIS's apartment.

DARRYL on Radio - Wassup! Wassup! All my brown peeps this is 'D ROCK' comin' at cha live on WAPA Radio! This next cut is hot, it's hot and I like it a lot! Brandy and Monica with "The Boy is Mine" right here on the only station for the Ahpla nation, we keep if so off the hizzy it'll make ya dizzy! WAPA Radio!

..."you need to give it up, had about enough! It's not hard to see, The Boy Is Mine!".....

(ALEXIS typing instant messages online)

ALX@aol.com - Hi Mommy! I'm home tonight, I am cooking a surprise dinner for Bobby. Lord knows the brother loves to eat!
SMITHE1@aol.com - I know that's right baby. Keep 'em fed! How do you think I landed your father? :-)

ALX@aol.com - Ha Ha. Mommy I have a question. When you and dad dated, times were different and it was ok to marry your high school sweetheart. But it just seems like nowadays people are getting married so much older, and I am already almost done with college. Well, I just want to be with Bobby forever, but how do you know? You know? How do you know that they'll still be there? I'm sorry I'm typing so much.
SMITHE1@aol.com - Lexi, you don't know unless you know. Sometimes you have to be quiet and let the little voice inside of you speak to you. With no interruptions and no distractions. The same voice that told you not to mess with my makeup when you were 8, but you did it anyway.
ALX@aol.com - :-) Sorry about that!
SMITHE1@aol.com - But that voice is the voice of God. You'll know the way to go because it is inside of you. Baby, the Lord won't steer you wrong. Like my grandmother used to say, "Hush chile, jus lissen!"
ALX@aol.com - Mommy, I love him so much!
SMITH1@aol.com - I know Lexi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRINA's Apartment
DARRYL on Radio Wassup! Wassup! All my brown peeps this is 'D ROCK' comin' at cha live on WAPA Radio! This next cut is hot, it's hot and I like it a lot! Brandy and Monica with "The Boy is Mine" right here on the only station for the Ahpla nation, we keep it so off the hizzy it'll make ya dizzy! WAPA Radio!

..."you need to give it up, had about enough! It's not hard to see, The Boy Is Mine!".....

TRINA - They're playing your song.
BOBBY - Yeah ok (laughingly). Whatever you say.
TRINA - Well what I say is, I aint the dumb one. Your here with me now.
BOBBY - Yeah but I go home to her.
TRINA - You aint goin' home to her tonight.
BOBBY - Ok, you got me on that one. Come here.
(TRINA moves closer to BOBBY and they kiss)
BOBBY - I do want to stay. I love spending time with you.
TRINA - I love spending time with you too BOBBY. But we need to spend more time together.
BOBBY - Well uuuhhhh...
TRINA - No explanation needed. Just shut up and let's go do what you do best.
BOBBY - Word, because you know I got skills between the sheets!
TRINA - Nigga I was talking about stepping. That is what you do best. (laughing)
(BOBBY laughs out loud as they walk into TRINA's bedroom). ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our scene changes to QUINTON's room in Tandy Hall where QUINTON, LARRY AND JASON are talking.

LARRY LAR - So we gotta know all the dates for the fraternity as far as the founding date, the founders' names and everything?
QUINTON - Yeah, you gotta know it all.
LARRY LAR - So all the Alphas had to study all this stuff? It seems like a lot of them just mack to babes all the time. They don't seem like the history buffs to me.
JASON - Believe me, they had to know it. History is mad important, especially for fraternities and sororities.
QUINTON - So let's start studying some stuff now.
JASON - Ok, where do we start?

(Telephone rings)

QUINTON - Hello?
DONTE - Yeah let me speak to QUINTON.
QUINTON - This is Quinton, may I ask who is speaking?
DONTE - No you may not ask who is speaking! I ask the questions! Now what the hell is wrong with you approaching my frat brothers on the middle of the yard and asking about intake?
QUINTON - Oh ...I didn't know that...uh ...it was a problem.
DONTE - Hell yeah that is a problem! You'd better learn about discretion! As a matter of fact, maybe I should be the one to teach you about discretion! How would you like to visit my house and ask me some stupid shit like that?
QUINTON - I am not sure who I am speaking with, so I would not know who to visit.
DONTE - Well you find out who Crazy Hazy is and you get to my house at 7:06!

(DONTE hangs up on QUINTON)

QUINTON - Could one of you guys check our list and find out whose line name is Crazy Hazy? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We now enter the IVY Tower in PJ and APRIL's room. MONA, JUNE AND KATRICE have come to visit PJ.

(Knock on the door. PJ opens it)

PJ- MONA, what are you doing here? What are all of you doing here?
MONA- We wanted to start studying some AKA history and we thought of who better to teach us than you.
PJ- Are you crazy? Don't you know that APRIL lives here too? What if she was home?
MONA-Quit worrying. I know that she is in class. I check on the sorors schedules all the time. I know them like clockwork. Now relax.

(The three girls enter the room)

PJ- What makes you think that I am going to teach you anything. I don't even know if I am going to go out again. Plus, I still think that it is a stupid idea to meet over here.
JUNE-You seem like a leader. Right now, we are not sure what to do. I have never done anything like this before. And my mom is not a member like MONA's mom.
(MONA smiles)
JUNE - So basically, I need...or should I say, we need your help.
KATRICE - Yeah, really we do. And hopefully through this, we can all become sisters.

(A key turns the knob and APRIL enters the room)
(PJ thinks...Oh shit!)
(KATRICE thinks...Oh shit! The cute soror in the pink jacket!)

APRIL- Oh PJ, you have company?
PJ- Uh...yeah. They were just...

(MONA interrupts PJ)

MONA-Hi APRIL, my name is MONA FERGUSON, daughter of Melinda Ferguson, your chapter founder and this is JUNE HILL and KATRICE SAUNDERS.

(There is a second of dead silence...)

APRIL- Ok, first of all...

(PJ thinks...Damn!)

APRIL-Stop with the corny introductions. And I hope you didn't tell me that your last name is Ferguson so you can get some props trying to come up in the chapter. Oh hell no, I think that you got some lessons to learn, and why the hell would yall want to meet in my room? You know, the more I think about this...get out!
MONA-Oh I apologize...I certainly didn't mean to offend...
APRIL-Why are yall still here? When yall learn the correct way to go about business, be back.

(JUNE says quickly...)
JUNE-Yes we have taken up too much of your time already. We will definitely heed your advise and be getting in contact with you at a later date. Thank you so much for your time. Good bye.

(The three hurry out and close the door)

APRIL-PEEJ, what's up with that?

(PJ shrugs her shoulders)

PJ-Aren't you supposed to be in class?
APRIL- Please! With this nice weather out here? I'll check that class next week!

No comments: