Tuesday

Episode 3

It is a beautiful Friday morning on the campus of Ahpla. Students are casually walking across the yard to and fro. We pick up our story here, as APRIL and OCTAVIA are conversing...

APRIL - Yeah Sands, I heard that SYLVIA is trying to throw the first party this year. That would be off the hook. We need to be out there first since we are the first and the finest!
OCTAVIA - I hear that. But let us not get this semester started on the wrong foot. You know we had a talk about your grades. Now did you get all of your classes in order?
APRIL - Shit, you're worst than my mom! But I guess that is why I love you sands! Yeah everything is straight with my classes. I got a damn 8:00 class on Wednesday and Friday though. That shit is gonna be a killer!
OCTAVIA - Yeah, well do what you gotta do!
REGGIE - PPHHHHIIIIIIIISSKKKKEEEEEEE!!!!
APRIL & OCTAVIA - SKKEEEEEPPPHHIIIIIIII!!!
REGGIE - What's up sands!

(APRIL hugs REGGIE)

APRIL - Nothin' hun. What's up with you?

(OCTAVIA hugs REGGIE)

REGGIE - Nothin. Just spreadin' the word. We're steppin' on the yard at 1 o clock.
OCTAVIA - Word! Today?
REGGIE - Yeah. Can yall come out and support the Bros?
APRIL - You know it Frat! We'll be there! Because the rest just perpetrate!
REGGIE - Thanks Sorors!

(REGGIE walks away)

OCTAVIA - Now you know you got class at 1!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our scene changes to the Green Center for the Arts on campus where MIRI spots GINA in the hallway...

MIRI - Hello sister!
GINA - MIRI! How are you? I thought you forgot about me when you left Pharoahs so abruptly.
MIRI - Oh never that. I had a phone call with an agent that lasted pretty long. The next thing you know, you were gone and I didn't even get a chance to ask you for you number.

(MIRI smiles)

GINA - Oh I see. Tell me anything!
MIRI - Aw see, now you gonna play me! I hear ya!

(MIRI laughs)

GINA - I'm just playing. Where are you headed?
MIRI - Well I just got out of a class and I have a break. So I was going to walk down the hill to this Jamaican place. Would you care to join me?
GINA - Actually I would. I have a class in this building as well and it lets out about 1:30. But since today is the first real day of class, she let us go early. What time is it anyway?
MIRI - Just about 1 o'clock.
GINA - Cool, then let's head out now.
MIRI - Yeah and it's a nice day too. Let's walk across campus.

(MIRI holds the door for GINA to exit Green Center and they begin to walk across the yard)

(From across the yard, they see a crowd forming and hear male voices chanting...Calling All Brothers To The Floor! Oooh ALPHA, We Got Some Here But We Need Some More!........)

MIRI - Oh shit. The Alphas.
GINA - And what is wrong with the Alphas?
MIRI - Nothin', it's just that this kid BOBBY is givin' me some slack on this production that I'm trying to do and I don't appreciate that.
GINA - What production? And who is BOBBY? Remember I transferred here so I don't know anybody yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NINO - I said my Brothers!
BROTHERS IN UNISON - Yeah!!
NINO - I said my Ice Cold Brothers!
BROTHERS IN UNISON - Yeah!
NINO - I think it's time we break it down on 'em, '06 style! Deep In My Heart... I Love My A Phi! I Love My A Phi A!....

(NINO begins the step and the Brothers join in afterward. The crowd cheers)

MONA - Damn KATRICE! That Alpha that is leading the steps is fine! What you think girl?
KATRICE - Yeah he is a cutey.

(KATRICE thinks...I think that the Soror in the pink jacket is much cuter though)

BROTHERS IN UNISON - We're the Alpha Brothers for Heaven's sake, we're the Granddaddy's makin' no mistakes!...
APRIL - SkeeeeePhiiiiii! Frat! Do that shit REGGIE! Go NINO!
OCTAVIA - SkeeeeeWeeeeee! You know I'm lettin' you slide this time sands, but your ass aint missin' no more classes.

(OCTAVIA and APRIL smile at each other)

APRIL - I love you sands! GO TREY!
ALEXIS - Break it down BOBBY!

(ALEXIS thinks...I would tell BOBBY how good he steps, but he'd get a big head about himself. Maybe that's why I love him.)

(TRINA thinks...I would tell BOBBY how good he steps, but he'd get a big head about himself. Maybe that's why I love him.)

BROTHERS IN UNISON - Ice Ice Baby! Too Cold Too Cold! Ice Ice Baby! The Black and Old Gold!...

(The Brothers finish the last step and the crowd cheers)

TREY - NINO, good job Frat! You did good with the practices. We looked pretty sharp.
NINO - Thanks Bruh, just doin' what I gotta do.
QUINTON - Excuse me, I was wondering if I could talk to you Brothers about the membership intake process.

(NINO and TREY look at each other and laugh)

No comments: