Tuesday

Episode 19

This week's episode begins with a telephone conversation between DERRICK and RONNIE.

DERRICK - Yeah dude, I told her. You either forget about that pledging nonesense or forget about me.
RONNIE - Man, how you gonna tell her that?
DERRICK - No disrespect my nigga.
RONNIE - Naw bruh, on the real. You need to lighten up on the way that you talk about us. You don't know shit about us and you are constantly putting us down.
DERRICK - I know all I need to know dude. You my boy and all, but come on man. You can't justify niggas dying, pledging no frat.
RONNIE - You are right about that, absolutely. But that is where niggas take shit too far. Just like you can't justify niggas dying on line, how you gonna justify niggas dying for this fucked up country? The men of Omega Psi Phi don't advocate hazing at all. Yes it happens but we deal with it.
DERRICK - So what the fuck do you say to somebody's mom? Somebody's sister? Or in my case, somebody's man when they get hurt or maimed for life? What the fuck? I've seen these AKA's here at Ahpla pledge, remember that one chick? What's that chick's name, April right?
RONNIE - Yeah.
DERRICK - Yo that chick pledged hard as shit. She was in a class with me. Every day she came in she fell right to sleep. Her grades dropped she was looking fucked up the whole time. I am not trying to see my girl like that dude. Fuck that shit.
RONNIE - The point is, you gotta support your woman. She needs you now, if this is something that is in her heart. You don't want her to not do something because it makes you uncomfortable. Omega is the best thing I have done, I wouldn't give it up for nobody. That shit is unfair for you to ask her not to do it.
DERRICK - What about what is fair to me?
RONNIE - Why is it always about you?
DERRICK - Fuck you nigga!
RONNIE - Whateva fool! Fuck you!
DERRICK - But really though. I'm serious man. I love June and I don't want to see her hurt. I know this is something that she wants but if she goes for it, she will be going for it without me.
RONNIE - Yo D, if you don't want to see her hurt, why are you doing this?
DERRICK - She isn't the one getting hurt here. I am.
RONNIE - That's fucked up. Hold on man, someone is banging on my door like they want to break it down. Must be some of those Ques!! Rowf!
DERRICK - Yeah, whatever.

(RONNIE begins to sing the chorus to "Where My Dogs At" as he opens his door to find ALEXIS standing there crying)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our scenes change and we rejoin TRINA and BOBBY in TRINA's apartment.

TRINA - Let me go Bobby! Get off me!
BOBBY - Not until you calm down! Calm down!
TRINA - Let me go! I'm gonna catch that bitch and kill her!
BOBBY - No you're not, now calm down! What is the matter with you?
TRINA - She slapped me! What the hell do you mean what is the matter with me?
BOBBY - Let me see your face. Are you alright?

(BOBBY focues on her cheek which causes TRINA to forget about chasing after ALEXIS.)

TRINA - Bobby, why have you got me mixed up in all this craziness? I don't deserve to be treated like this!

(TRINA begins to cry.)

BOBBY - Trina baby, I'm sorry. You know that you are the one that I love. I just could not figure out a way to get out of my situation. But that is why I came back. I wanted to apologize for the way that I stormed out of here. That wasn't right and I am sorry for the things that I said.
TRINA - I knew that it didn't sound like you.
BOBBY - It wasn't me. You know me Trina, and you know that you are the one thing that is closest to my heart. You are the reason I can do the things that I do. Because I know that you inspire me to be the best man I can be. To win chapter of the year, and get my brothers on track. I know that you got my back and you always have.
TRINA - I do have your back. I love you.
BOBBY - I know.
TRINA - So does this mean that we are going to be together?
BOBBY - Well first I have some things to take care of, obviously.
TRINA - And you are happy that we are having a baby?
BOBBY thinks - Oh shit! That slipped my mind!
BOBBY - Well let me deal with one thing at a time. Alexis is not a bad person, I owe her at least an explanation or something.
TRINA - You don't owe her shit!
BOBBY - Come on Trina, that isn't fair.Put yourself in her position. She found out that I cheated on her and that you are pregnant all in the same day. How would you feel?
TRINA - Well I don't care. If I ever see you speaking to that bitch again, I'll kill you myself!
BOBBY - Just calm down, don't get all worked up again. I think you should check out your face in the mirror. It is starting to look swollen.
TRINA - Really?

(TRINA leaves the room to go to the bathroom. BOBBY quickly picks up TRINA's phone.)

ALEXIS' answering machine - Hello, I'm not here right now. But if you leave your name, number and a message, I will call you back. God bless you...beep.
BOBBY - Alexis baby, this is Bobby. Please pick up if you are there...Ok, I know you are upset, but baby I love you with all my heart. Just give me a chance to explain this whole thing. I got really confused on things recently and I acted stupid. But my heart is with you and always will be. I love you Lexi. Please page me when you get this message, at least hear me out. I love you.
TRINA - Did you say someting Bobby?

(BOBBY quietly hangs the phone up.)

BOBBY - I was just going to ask if you were ok.
TRINA - Yeah I am ok. Just putting some water on my face.
TRINA thinks - It's a good thing I'm not really pregnant yet, with all this confusion! Shit!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rejoin REGGIE and WIL who have arrived at the Alpha House with some books for Jason.

(NINO opens the door.)

NINO - What's up Reg, hey what's up Wil.
WIL - What's up frat?
NINO - Oh shit! That nigga was telling the truth about the books?
REGGIE - Hell yeah, I was shocked too.

(The three enter the room where JASON, LARRY, QUINTON, and DONTE are.)

DONTE - The moment of truth.
JASON thinks - Please God help me.
REGGIE - Hey Jason, I found your stuff. Right where you said it was. But I think someone may have made off with your notebook. I just found the textbook that you were using.
DONTE - Are you serious? Oh shit!
JASON thinks - Are you serious? Oh shit!
Quinton thinks - Thank you Jesus!
DONTE - Let me see that shit! Jason, is this your shit?
JASON hesitates - Yes.

(REGGIE looks at WIL. WILL looks down.)

NINO - I guess he was telling the truth, huh Donte?
DONTE - Yeah, I guess so. Good shit Jason. First rule of an Alpha man is that we are men of distinction and character. We should never have to lie to get a point across. We are always honest and respectful. right bros?
REGGIE - Uh yeah.
DONTE - So you see fellas, if I found out that you were lying, that you make you unworthy of this glorious fraternity and chapter that we all hold dear to our hearts. So Jason, if indeed you are lying, this is the time to admit it. So I am going to ask you one more time. IS this the book that you left in the library?

(REGGIE looks at JASON and nods his head. WIL cracks a smile.)

JASON - Yes it is.
DONTE - You motherfuckers have 06 seconds to get the hell out of here!

(QUINTON and LARRY look at each other and then scramble for the door. JASON is still looking confused but then makes his way to the door as well.)

DONTE - 6...5...4...3...
QUINTON - Thank you for your time today gentlemen.
DONTE - ...2...

(QUINTON and LARRY rush out the door that NINO is holding open. JASON follows but hesitates to glance at REGGIE. REGGIE looks him in the eye.)

REGGIE - Get the hell out!

(JASON turns to leave.)

DONTE - Jason!

(JASON stops and turns back.)

DONTE - Aren't you forgetting something?

(JASON looks confused.)

JASON - I'm not sure I know what you are referring to.
DONTE - Your books stupid!

(DONTE tosses JASON's books to him.)

JASON - Oh yeah...thank you.

No comments: