Tuesday

Episode 13

We pick up our story with the conversation between BOBBY and WILLIE in the parking area of TRINA's apartment.

WILLIE - Yeah, Miri probably will be there tonight so if you go over there, you can handle that.
BOBBY - Thanks for the info.
WILLIE - No problem. I don't want to hold you up from where you have to go.
BOBBY - Oh no it's cool.
WILLIE - Well let me know how it turns out, ok.
BOBBY - No doubt.

(BOBBY watches as WILLIE gets into her car and pulls away. He begins to walk inside the complex and toward the stairs to TRINA's apartment.)

BOBBY thinks - Damn, that shit is fucked up. How that nigga gonna call out a soror like that, or any black woman for that matter. That nigga is gonna get his.

(BOBBY reaches the second floor where TRINA's apartment is.)

BOBBY thinks - It's a shame that there aren't more brothers out there that respect our sisters. Damn, am I the only one?

(BOBBY knocks on TRINA's door.)

BOBBY thinks - Oooohh that shit pisses me off the more I think about it. When I leave here I'm gonna...
BOBBY - Hey girl.

(TRINA looks up at BOBBY and hugs him. As she backs away from the hug, BOBBY can tell that TRINA has been crying.)

BOBBY - What's the matter?

(TRINA immediately starts to cry.)

BOBBY thinks - Oh shit, I wonder if Alexis somehow found out who Trina is and called here or something.
BOBBY - Trina, you gotta talk to me, what is the matter?
TRINA - Just hold me Bobby.

(BOBBY hugs TRINA and looks at the ceiling.)

BOBBY thinks - Damn, some shit happened! I am screwed! Change the subject!
BOBBY - Hey, hey, hey Trina, I thought you had a surprise for me. I thought it was a pleasant surprise and I come over and you are crying. Come over here and sit down and tell me what is wrong.
(BOBBY and TRINA sit down.)

TRINA sniffling - Well it is a surprise, quite a surprise. But I really don't know why I am so shocked.
BOBBY - I'm confused.
TRINA - That page that I sent you was not a happy message. I have some news to tell you.
BOBBY - What is it? You can tell me anything.

(BOBBY's pager goes off.)

BOBBY chuckling - Wow, my pager has been really blowing up today huh?

(TRINA doesn't laugh. BOBBY looks down at his pager. It reads, Bobby this is Alexis, I need to speak to you right now! This is urgent! Call me at home asap! Very very important! Alexis.)

BOBBY thinks - Shit!

(BOBBY puts his pager away.)

BOBBY - Sorry for the interruption, please continue. What could possibly have you so upset and crying so much?
TRINA - Bobby I'm pregnant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We return to the Alpha House where QUINTON and LARRY ponder where JASON is and DONTE has brought out the Brotherhood.

(WIL runs over and grabs DONTE and whispers in his ear.)

WIL - Yo man, what the fuck are you doin'? These guys aren't even on line yet and you showin' them wood?
DONTE - Yeah that's right. We bringing this back like how we used to do it in the old school.
WIL - Man you need to chill, I aint lettin' you do this.
DONTE - What? you gonna suspend me too?
WIL - No but I aint got nothing to do with this shit. I aint taking the fall for this, I am out of here.

(WIL heads for the closet to get his coat.)

DONTE - So you down to just let niggas skate on up into the frat huh? You gonna let niggas just MIP up in here huh?

(WIL puts on his coat.)

WIL - No I aint saying that either. But these niggas aint even got voted on yet. Just having them here in the house with food for us is enough to get us snatched and you pull some stupid shit like bringing out some wood? I aint got no parts to that shit. If the chapter goes down, just know that it is all your fault.
DONTE - Fuck you! I love this frat and aint nobody going down.

(WIL looks at DONTE just before he closes the door behind him. DONTE enters the room and can see the fear in the eyes of QUINTON and LARRY.)

DONTE - Brothers, why don't we show these gentlemen the proper position to get a little brotherhood so they can understand how important it was for Jason to be here.

(Nobody moves.)

DONTE - Brothers! Let's do it!

(REGGIE slowly goes over and shows QUINTON the position to take wood. NINO follows and shows LARRY. TREY just watches. They all look uneasy. DONTE sizes them up.)

DONTE - Now, I want you to say, Jason is my brother.

(WHACK!)

QUINTON - AAAHH! JASON IS MY BROTHER!

(WHACK!)

LARRY - JASON IS MY BROTHER!

REGGIE thinks - I really don't like the looks of this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rejoin SYLVIA who is getting acquainted with MONA.

SYLVIA - So you are Mona Ferguson. I have heard a lot about you.
MONA nervously - Have you?
SYLVIA - Why yes, all the sorors seem to know who you are. Your mother is an integral part of our beloved chapter here at Ahpla.
MONA - Yes, and I would like to follow in her legacy.
SYLVIA - Funny you should use that terminology. I don't like that word too much. People think because they are legacy, they don't have to work hard to be a part of this sisterhood. They use legacy as an easy way in.
MONA with an attitude - Well I didn't say all that. It's just that I have admired Alpha Kappa Alpha all my life and that influence was because of my mother. I wanted to come to Ahpla because of her and I want to be an AKA because of her.
SYLVIA with an attitude - You should want to be an AKA because it is in your heart. Not because it is in your mother's heart. My mother is a Zeta. That is because Zeta Phi Beta is what was in her heart when she decided to pledge. Zeta Phi Beta was not in my heart though. But if I thought like you, I would blindly follow my mother and be a Zeta.
MONA - I'm not blindly following anybody! I have researched your organization thoroughly and have come to my own decisions.
SYLVIA - Well you seem to have never researched how to speak to a soror!
MONA - I speak to a soror every time I call home, I know how to speak to a soror.
SYLVIA angrily - Well you don't know how to speak to me! I am the president of this chapter and I'll let the chapter get suspended before I'll let any soror be disrespected by someone on the outside looking in!
MONA thinks - Wait, I didn't want this conversation to go there. This is just what PJ was saying.
MONA - Wait, Sylvia, I didn't mean any disrespect.
SYLVIA - You didn't mean any disrespect? You come at me with this attitude like I am supposed to let you in? Girl please! You need to check that shit at the door!
MONA humbly - I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way.

(SYLVIA turns and begins to walk away.)

MONA - Wait, I'm sorry, can we just start over? Can I call you?

(SYLVIA walks.)

MONA thinks - Dammit!

(MONA begins to run to APRIL's dorm as the tears begin to well up in her eyes.)

No comments: