Tuesday

Episode 42

This weekâs episode begins with IVY KATRICE and IVY PJ. They are in BIG SISTER N.A.A.C.P.âs apartment which is where the IVIES have been spending most of their time.

IVY PJ - I can't take this anymore! The Big Sisters are driving me crazy!

IVY KATRICE - You gotta get a grip Ivy PJ. We can't quit now.

IVY KATRICE thinks - Wow, who would have thought I would be the strong one on this line?

IVY PJ - Big Sister April Shower totally pisses me off every time she comes around! It's like she singles me out all the time!

IVY KATRICE - Well how do you think I feel when she comes around?

(pause)

IVY PJ - That's different. But all the big sisters are driving me up the wall! I have not slept in weeks, we got eight million things to do, I got school! Damn!

IVY KATRICE - But you have to think, you knew it wasn't going to be easy. If it was easy, you wouldn't have even wanted to do it.

IVY PJ - But honestly, I didn't think it would be anything like this shit! Everytime that door knob turns, my heart drops and I hope it is one of you two and not a big sister.

IVY KATRICE - Me too.

(IVY PJ starts to cry.)

IVY PJ - I just don't think I can take much more of this, I can't take it! I am losing my mind!

IVY KATRICE - Look...let me make you feel better.

(IVY PJ stops crying and glares at IVY KATRICE.)

IVY PJ - Excuse me?

IVY KATRICE - I don't mean that! Bow your head.

(The Ivies bow their heads.)

IVY KATRICE - Lord God...help us. This is something I know you have ordained and have placed in our hearts and in our possession...we trust in you...we believe in you...please give us strength...

(IVY KATRICE starts to cry as well.)

IVY KATRICE - Jesus please help us...right now...help us Lord...in Jesus name...amen.

IVY PJ crying - Amen. Thank you.

IVY KATRICE crying - Look, I have to go. But hold on girl, I always got your back, I love you line sister.

IVY PJ crying - I love you too.

(The IVIES hug. IVY KATRICE leaves.)

IVY PJ - I really feel better now...well at least a little.

(Telephone rings. IVY PJ was instructed to answer all calls for Big Sister N.A.A.C.P.)

IVY PJ - Hello?

SOROR FERGUSON - PJ? Is this you?

IVY PJ - Mrs. Ferguson?

SOROR FERGUSON - Yes, speak of the devil. I didn't expect you to answer Soror Octavia's phone, but it is just as well. Mona are you still there.

MONA quietly - Yes maam.

SOROR FERGUSON - Presjina, I need to understand something. Mona tells me that she saw you wearing the letters of Alpha Kappa Alpha and involved in some internet activity participating as if you were a member of the sorority.

IVY PJ - What?

SOROR FERGUSON - I need to get to the bottom of this.

IVY PJ - Mona, how could you?

(MONA doesn't say anything.)

SOROR FERGUSON - Don't blame Mona, just explain yourself young lady.

IVY PJ - Mrs. Ferguson, with all due respect, it wasn't me in the Alpha Kappa Alpha letters and in the chat room, it was Mona. I walked in on her.

MONA - You're lying!

IVY PJ - Mona! I tried to protect you! How could you say that about me? I have been a friend to you and tried to help you and guide you through all of this and all you have done is do stupid stuff and now blame me for something you did?

SOROR FERGUSON - That is enough Presjina!

MONA - Mommy, she's lying!

IVY PJ - Ok Mrs. Ferguson, if I am lying, why don't you look for some missing paraphanelia from your trunk in your attic at home. I'm sure you can find all the missing articles in Mona's room. I can't believe you would do this to me Mona!

MONA - I didn't do anything! How about that time I wanted to have a heart to heart with April and you closed the door in my face? We can go tit for tat!

IVY PJ - No we can't go tit for tat because I aint got time for this bullshit!

SOROR FERGUSON - Presjina!

(IVY PJ slams the phone down.)

IVY PJ screams - Shit! I can't believe this shit is happening to me!

(The door opens.)

SOROR SHAREESA walking in - What shit Ivy? I don't remember Ivies being able to curse!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We now find BOBBY who is standing outside of the door.

BOBBY thinks - Maybe I should knock first...naw, I'll use my key. She better not have some other nigga up in this piece!

(BOBBY uses his key and walks in.)

BOBBY - Trina! What's up baby, it's me.

(TRINA comes skipping from her bedroom.)

TRINA - Bobby!

(TRINA jumps up and wraps her legs around Bobbyâs waist and hugs his neck hard.)

BOBBY - Hey, hey, hey...should you be jumping around like this? What about the baby? Is that safe?

TRINA thinks - Oh yeah.

(TRINA gets down and bends over holding her stomach.)

TRINA - Oh yeah, you're probably right. Maybe I should sit down and relax.

BOBBY - I think you should.

(They sit down together.)

BOBBY - So how have you been feeling? You okay?

TRINA - I'm cool. I miss you.

BOBBY - I miss you too baby.

TRINA whining - Where have you been? You don't love me.

BOBBY thinks - I hate that whiny voice shit!

BOBBY - You know we are in the middle of pledging our line. We got three guys on line and I need to be there every step of their process.

TRINA whining - Why? Are you the chapter president and the dean?

BOBBY - No Reggie is their dean, but he needs my help. We almost had one of the guys arrested the other day on the damn yard!

TRINA - What?

BOBBY - Yeah girl, it was crazy. If I hadnât been there to intervene, I don't know what may have happened.

TRINA - Wow, ok I'm sorry.

BOBBY thinks - I am the fucking man! Always on my toes with a good excuse!

BOBBY - That's ok baby.

TRINA - Well I think you deserve a nice back rub since you have been working so hard. You are probably all stressed out.

BOBBY - Now you're talking.

TRINA - Take off your shirt baby.

(BOBBY takes off his shirt.)

TRINA - Here, lay over here and let me rub your back.

(BOBBY lays down.)

TRINA thinks - Damn he is sexy.

(TRINA starts to give BOBBY a massage.)

TRINA - Bobby it is so good to see you. I feel like I have not seen you in weeks.

BOBBY - I know sweetie. This is always a hectic time of year for the chapter.

TRINA - Could you not be an Alpha for at least a weekend?

BOBBY - Never that sweetheart!

TRINA - Well how about if you weren't Mr. Alpha all the time?

BOBBY - Well that can be arranged...maybe...if you're nice to me.

TRINA - Really?

(TRINA turns BOBBY over.)

BOBBY thinks - What the hell is she doing?

(TRINA starts to unbuckle BOBBY's pants and kisses his stomach. Let me see if I can be a nice girl to you.)

BOBBY thinks - Dammit I am the fucking man!

(BOBBY puts his head back and closes his eyes.)

(knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock. TRINA jumps up. The many loud knocks startles her.)

BOBBY - Who the hell is trying to break your door down?

(knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock)

TRINA - I don't know but I can make whoever it is go away.

(TRINA goes to open the door slightly to peek and see who it is. CARYN pushes her way in.)

CARYN - Trina girl, I gotta talk to you about something.

(TRINA backs up surprised as CARYN just walks in the room without even noticing BOBBY. BOBBY grabs his shirt.)

TRINA - Um...

(CARYN notices BOBBY and stops dead in her tracks.)

BOBBY thinks - Oh shit!

(CARYN eyeballs BOBBY and then glances at his chest as he puts his shirt back on.)

TRINA - Uh...Caryn...you know Bobby right?

(silence)

BOBBY thinks - Ok think fast before this bitch fucks my shit up!

BOBBY - Yeah, we met once before. Youâre a cheerleader right?

CARYN grinning - Um hmmm.

BOBBY thinks - I gotta get out of here!

CARYN - I aint mean to be disturbin'...

BOBBY - No it's cool, I was about to bounce up out of here anyway.

TRINA - Bobby?

BOBBY - I will call you later on. Chill with your girl, I will call. Promise.

(Before TRINA could protest, BOBBY is closing the door behind him. TRINA just looks startled at the door. She then turns to CARYN.)

TRINA - Bitch, what the hell is the matter with you? Why in the world would you come up in here and break up shit with me and Bobby? Girl you know I was about to get some and...

CARYN - Trina I didn't get my period.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rejoin IVY KATRICE who is walking down the hall toward the stairs.

IVY KATRICE thinks - I hope PJ will be ok. Iâm sure she will. I just have to try and stay strong myself. This shit is no joke!

(IVY KATRICE starts down the steps and as she is going down she sees IVY JUNE going through the stairway door on the fourth floor.)

IVY KATRICE thinks - Hey, that was June? Where the hell is she going on the fourth floor?

(IVY KATRICE runs down the stairs to catch up with IVY JUNE. She runs through the door and onto the fourth floor.)

IVY KATRICE whispering loudly - Ivy! Ivy June!

(IVY JUNE turns around. She is crying.)

IVY KATRICE - Where are you going?

IVY JUNE crying - To my room.

IVY KATRICE - What is the matter? What happened? You know we you are not allowed to go to our rooms. What if one of the big sisters sees you?

IVY JUNE crying - I don't care. I can't take this anymore. I was just leaving class and I saw Derrick. He was walking across campus to the dorm.

IVY KATRICE thinks - Oh God.

IVY JUNE crying - How can he do this to me? And how can Big Sister April Shower date him? I swear when I see her again I might just...

IVY KATRICE - Wait, calm down. Now look, we have to pull together and get through this...together. I got your back girl, I love you. Don't fall apart on me. Donât let no fucking man make you this upset! Fuck him!

IVY JUNE crying - I try my best to not think about it. But every time she comes in the room I think about him holding her...and...

(IVY JUNE starts to cry hard. IVY KATRICE hugs her and then realizes they are standing in the middle of the hallway on the fourth floor.)

IVY KATRICE - June look. We need to take this somewhere. We can't do this out here like this. If we hurry we can go to your room and get yourself together without any big sisters finding out.

(IVY JUNE doesn't respond. She just cries...hard.)

IVY KATRICE - Come on.

(IVY KATRICE guides IVY JUNE carefully around the hall. IVY JUNE has her face in her hands and is sobbing. A girl passes by and looks, IVY KATRICE doesn't pay attention and keeps walking. They get to IVY JUNEâs room. IVY KATRICE looks around and then gets the key from IVY JUNE and goes in.)

IVY KATRICE - Ok, I think we are safe in here for at least a few minutes.

IVY JUNE crying - I can't take this anymore. I am not as strong as PJ and you. I can't pledge and go through this heartache at the same time.

IVY KATRICE - Yes you can and yes you are! June, I have never met anyone that retains information the way you do. You are a brilliant mind and an attractive woman. You are very strong. It is you and PJ that inspire and push me along. I am able to get through this because of you. You have saved our asses so many times just because of the amount of history you can remember. You learn greetings fast as hell and you are so on point.

(IVY JUNE stops crying so hard.)

IVY KATRICE - Any brother would be lucky to be with you. Don't cry your eyes out over some asshole that hasn't even got the decency to not date a big sister.

(silence)

IVY JUNE - You know what? You're right.

IVY KATRICE - I know I am.

IVY JUNE - I got more important things to focus on right now...if he wants to be with her...well then just let him!

IVY KATRICE - True that.

IVY JUNE - Thank you Katrice.

IVY KATRICE - I am always here for you girl.

(The IVIES hug.)

IVY KATRICE thinks - Damn, twice in one day!

IVY KATRICE - Look we need to sneak up out of here. I suggest we do it separately. You go first and go up to the room. Ivy PJ is in there. I will leave a few minutes after you and I will make sure your door is locked.

IVY JUNE - Ok.

(IVY JUNE wipes her face and then peaks her head out of the door. Once she is sure that the coast is clear, she walks out and closes the door behind her.)

IVY KATRICE - Shit!

(IVY KATRICE picks up the phone and calls the campus directory. She then dials a number.)

DERRICK - Hello?

IVY KATRICE - Derrick?

DERRICK - This is he?

IVY KATRICE - This is Katrice, June's line sister! How the fuck you gonna date one of the AKA's when you knew June was pledging! That is some foul shit!

DERRICK - Wait, who are you to be calling me and screaming on me? June broke up with me so I am free to date whoever the fuck I want!

IVY KATRICE - You knew this would break her heart and now I have to listen to her cry every day!

DERRICK - Well it's all her fault! I told her not to pledge! If she wouldn't have gone through this bullshit pledge process, none of this would have happened!

(IVY KATRICE becomes enraged.)

IVY KATRICE - What! Well peep this motherfucker! The next time you go down on April, recognize that you're tongue kissing me because I've already been there!

DERRICK - What?

IVY KATRICE - And I know that I'm better than you!

DERRICK - You're lying!

IVY KATRICE - No I'm not! When you're touching her, she's thinking about me!

DERRICK - I don't believe you!

(DERRICK hangs up.)

IVY KATRICE - Oh yeah, well...hello! Hello? Just like a man...to run away!

(IVY KATRICE hangs up and gets her face together to leave.)

IVY KATRICE thinks - I'm glad June can lean on me in her time of heartbreak. I wish I could do the same.

(telephone rings.)

IVY KATRICE - Hello.

DERRICK - I want to know the truth. Tell me what happened between you and April.

No comments: