Tuesday

Episode 32

This week's episode begins with QUENTIN who is in his room studying.

(The telephone rings.)

QUENTIN thinks - I shouldn't answer this. It could be Donte calling me over to the Alpha house.

(The telephone rings.)

QUENTIN - Damn!

(The telephone rings.)

QUENTIN - But what if it is Larry or Jason? I don't want to do the same thing that Jason did to us.

(The telephone rings. QUENTIN answers.)

QUENTIN - Hello?
REGGIE - Listen to this very carefully. You have seven hours to be at my house. You are to have with you, two black army fatigue coats, two hooded sweatshirts, two pair of black fatigue pants and two pair of boots. Bring it all in a large plastic bag. Do you have any questions?
QUENTIN - Yes, if I may ask, why only two of everything when there are three of us.
REGGIE - Only the strong progress.

(Click.)

QUENTIN - Hello? Hello? Dammit!

(QUENTIN hangs the phone up.)

QUENTIN thinks - One of them didn't make it. Shit it was probably Jason for that shit he did. Well no, it couldn't be Jason because the brothers don't know about that. Reggie said that only the strong progress.

(QUENTIN begins to dial LARRY LAR.)

QUENTIN thinks - Wait, I can't call Larry because what if he isn't the one? He will feel horrible and so will I. Damn, I can't call Jason either. What the hell should I do?

(QUENTIN stands up and begins to pace the floor.)

QUENTIN - Damn!
QUENTIN thinks - Ok, if I were an Alpha...

(QUENTIN smiles.)

QUENTIN thinks - ...who would I consider weak? Only the strong progress.

(QUENTIN sits back down.)

QUENTIN thinks - They shouldn't think Larry is weak because he took all that wood. That should stand for something, I think. And they really didn't see Jason under that type of pressure. Maybe that has something to do with it.

(QUENTIN picks up the phone again.)

QUENTIN thinks - Oh wait, I know what it is! Damn, this is about that time when Larry told Donte that he was in this for the girls! I knew that was going to come back and haunt him. Damn! Let me call Jason!

(QUENTIN dials JASON's number.)

QUENTIN thinks - Come on, be home please!

JASON's answering machine - I'm not here, please leave a message. Beep.
QUENTIN - Jason, this is Q. Give me a call asap! Very important!

QUENTIN thinks - Damn!

(QUENTIN runs to his closet and grabs his coat.)

QUENTIN thinks - Damn, I only have seven hours to get this stuff. I gotta hurry.

(QUENTIN runs out the door. QUENTIN's phone rings.)

QUENTIN's answering machine - This is Quentin, I am presently not available. Please leave a message and I will get back to you at my earliest convenience. Beep.
LARRY LAR - Quentin, this is Larry. I have some urgent news! I just got a call from Reggie and he told me to meet him in seven hours with two briefcases, two white dress shirts, two pair of black slacks and two black ties.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rejoin NINO who has just grabbed JASON in the hallway.

NINO - Why you in so much of a hurry.
JASON - Oh...uh...I was trying to catch up with someone. But I will talk to them later.
NINO - Well I need to talk to you right now. But not out here in the hallway. Come on.

(NINO and JASON walk down the hall and into the student lounge. There are a few students there, sitting around and talking.)

JASON thinks - I hope I remember all my history, just in case he asks.
NINO - What the hell is your problem bruh?
JASON - I don't know what you mean?
NINO - Dude, Do you know that the stunt that you pulled could have cost us the chapter?
JASON - Excuse me?
NINO - Look, don't act stupid all right! I know what the hell you did!
JASON thinks - Oh shit! He knows I wasn't in the library!
JASON - Let me explain.
NINO - There is no explanation for that shit!

(A few students turn and look. NINO speaks quieter.)

NINO - That shit could have cost us big time. What the hell were you thinking?
JASON - I'm sorry. I didn't know what was going on at the time and I didn't think my boys would get in trouble like this. It was selfish and stupid of me.
NINO - Stupid is right. That shit is so stupid...I can't even begin to understand your logic behind some shit like that. That is some bold shit. I would never have pulled no shit like that when I was trying to pledge. No way.
JASON - I know, but I was afraid and I reacted entirely the wrong way.
NINO - What do you mean you were afraid? Afraid of what?
JASON - Just afraid of what the brothers would think if I showed up late. I didn't want to leave my boys hanging and I didn't know what kind of situation they were in. If I had known, I would have stopped what I was doing and ran over. But all I thought about was myself and getting some play. And in the meantime, my boys are taking all types of heat for me. I feel terrible about it. And then I had to lie to cover it all up. I was just afraid.

(silence)

NINO - What the hell are you talking about?
JASON - About what I was thinking when I didn't show up at the Alpha house because I was having sex.
NINO - What!

(Every student turns around.)

NINO - You didn't show up where because of what?
JASON - The Alpha house, isn't that what we were discussing?
NINO - Hell no, I'm talking about this damn email you sent to the brothers in North Carolina at beta epsilon. Bruh, you got all types of issues!
JASON - What email? I didn't send any email to any brothers.
NINO - Now you are playing dumb again.
JASON - No honestly, I never sent an email to anyone.

(NINO reaches in his bag.)

NINO - So you don't know anything about this?

(NINO gives JASON a copy of the letter. JASON reads it.)

JASON - Oh my God, Nino, I didn't write this, I have never seen this before in my life. You have to believe me.
NINO - Well then where did it come from?
JASON - This email address that it came from is not mine, tlawrence@ahpla.edu. Oh shit, this is Theresa!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our next scene brings us to PJ and APRIL's room. PJ is talking to JUNE on the phone.

PJ - I know it is hard now girl. Believe me, heartache is a bitch.
JUNE crying - I just feel like I can't breathe fully. Like I am forcing everytime I inhale. This hurts so much.
PJ - I know girl. But just keep focusing on why you are doing this. You are doing this for the sisterhood. And I bet that when it is all over, he will be back in your arms.
JUNE cryng - I hope so. How did you get over your heart break situation?

(PJ pauses.)

PJ - My situation was a little different. I was so much in love with Gregg. It really hurts when someone doesn't love you the way that you love them. At least Derrick loves you back.
JUNE - Yeah.
PJ - Then, I had to sit back and watch my dream of Alpha Kappa Alpha go with April and Octavia, while the man that I loved was hugged up on Sherreesa. That devestated me for a long time.
JUNE - How in the world did you get through it?
PJ - I don't know. I woke up one day and realized I was fighting a losing battle and I was the big loser. I could see if I had gotten AKA and not the man. But I lost the man and didn't become a sister. So I lost twice. I could never go through that again.
JUNE - I can imagine.
PJ - So I know what it means to be strong. And you have to be strong right now. And if you need me to lean on, I am here for you.
JUNE - Thank you, PJ I love you girl.
PJ - I love you too.
JUNE - Let me take care of a few things and I will talk to you later ok?
PJ - Ok, I hope you feel better.
JUNE - Thanks. Bye.
PJ - Bye.

(PJ hangs up.)

PJ thinks - Damn, I really feel bad for June. I know I was there last year. Shit, I really wanted to forget about that until damn Mona brought it up.

(PJ sits at her desk and opens a book.)

PJ thinks - I tried my damn best to forget about Gregg. But true to myself, I miss him so much. I remember when I was as bad as June is. And to think, he is loyal to that girl. What does she have that I don't. She doesn't even understand him!

(PJ stands up and stares out the window.)

PJ thinks - I remember when he would tell me his dreams of starting his company. She didn't even want him to do that. How can you extinguish someone's dreams like that?

(PJ sits back down.)

PJ thinks - But you know what, I need to just calm down because I have other things I need to worry about. I don't have time for all this. I need to be tightening up on some history because June is tight as shit.

(PJ's phone rings. PJ gets her voice together.)

PJ - Hello?
MONA - Hey PJ, what is up girl?
PJ - Hey Mona.
MONA - I wanted to call and ask you a few questions real quick about some of the founders.
PJ - Sure, let me call you back in about five minutes ok?
MONA - Cool, I'll be here.

(PJ hangs up and walks in the bathroom. She throws some water on her face and grabs a towel. The phone rings again.)

PJ thinks - Damn Mona.
PJ - Hello?
Gregg - Hey hon, what's up? I just saw a flier on the yard for the AKA rush and I was calling to let you know about it. You still trying to go that way sweetheart?

No comments: