Tuesday

Episode 46

The week’s episode opens with JASON who was just punched in the face by LARRY in front of QUINTON.

JASON - Aaahhhh!

(JASON grabs the side of his face and bends over. The punch totally caught him off guard and he looks at his hand to see if his nose is bleeding. At that moment he feels a sudden shock and gust of pain as LARRY has lunged forward and tackled him.)

LARRY - You motherf!...I hate you!...I hate...

(LARRY tries to pound JASON on the ground. JASON does his best to block LARRY’s punches. QUINTON dives forward and tries to grab LARRY and pull him off of JASON.)

JASON - Get the hell off me!

LARRY - This is all your fault!

QUINTON - Stop!...Break it up!

(Finally QUINTON is able to get LARRY off JASON. JASON, still holding his face, is too surprised to retaliate. LARRY is trying to get free and get back at JASON.)

LARRY - Let me go! Get off me! Let me go!

QUINTON - Stop! Calm down!

LARRY - No! I’m gonna whip his ass!

JASON - What the hell is the matter with you? I should kick your ass!

LARRY - What is the matter with me! What is the matter with me! First you leave us hanging because you want to screw around with your girl! If that isn’t enough, you lie about being in the damn library and almost get us all killed! Then to top it all off, you hit a girl on the middle of the yard and get us thrown off line! Now we are never going to be Alphas and it is all your fault! And you have the gall to ask me what is wrong with me? The only thing wrong with me is this other idiot keeping me from beating you!

JASON - I said I was sorry man! What do you want me to do?

LARRY - Well sorry aint enough this time! You cant go through your life always saying your sorry! There is no fucking excuse for hitting a girl! That shit is not characteristic of an Alpha or any man for that matter! What the hell were you thinking?

(QUINTON lets Larry go. LARRY just stands there.)

JASON - I don’t know man, you know how bad I want to be an Alpha. And she almost screwed all that up! When I thought about all that, I lost my head.

LARRY - So now you screwed that same chance up for all of us! Thanks a lot!

(JASON doesn’t look LARRY in the eye but he keeps his eye on him so he doesn’t get surprised again.)

QUINTON - What we need to do is quit fighting amongst ourselves and figure out a way to get the big brothers to put us back on line.

LARRY - How the hell are we going to do that? You heard them in there. They kicked us out. They want nothing more to do with us at all.

JASON - Maybe I should be the one to try.

LARRY - Oh no! You’re the dumb ass that got us into this predicament in the first place!

JASON - And that is exactly why I should be the one to get us out.

LARRY - Hell no!

QUINTON - Wait Larry, maybe Jason has a point. What’s the worse that could happen? We are already off line. Maybe he can somehow redeem himself this way and fix all of this.

LARRY - Am I the only sane person here? What the hell are you talking about Quinton?

QUINTON - All I am saying is that we hear him out. Maybe he has a good plan to get us all back on line. That is what we all want right.

JASON - Hell yeah!

LARRY - I never thought I would want to be back on line! But yeah!

QUINTON - Well then let’s hear Jason out, unless you got an idea of your own Larry.

(silence)

QUINTON - Larry?

LARRY - Alright dammit! Alright! But this better be good! What’s your idea?

JASON - Good!

(JASON turns and begins to run off.)

LARRY - Hey! Where are you going?

JASON - I gotta go and see this girl! I promise, I will fix all of this!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONA’s Day.

8:30 am - Wake Up.

8:35 am - Bathroom mirror practicing greeting.

MONA - Greetings! Big Sister N.A.A.C.P.!

She don’t take no junk, junk, junk,

She la, la, la, la ,la

Let me see that thong!

Ha ha ha ha

MONA thinks - I sure am glad I won’t get in trouble for messing up a greeting!

9:15 am - Watches Jerry Springer.

9:40 am - Makes a phone call during commercial.

MONA - Hey aunt Cathryn, this is Mona. Just letting you know about my going over luncheon that mom is throwing for me. Give me a call when you get in and I can get you the details. Bye bye.

10:00 am - Leaves room.

10:08 am - Walking outside.

MONA thinks - My, what a beautiful pink and green day!

10:20 am - Boards campus shuttle bus.

MONA - Hey Miri.

MIRI - Hi Mona how you doing?

MONA - Great!

10:50 am - Walks across campus to class.

MONA thinks - I can’t wait til the day that I step as a Soror on this yard.

11:00 am - Class: The African Diaspora Today.

PROFESSOR - Today I want to create a paradox with the heroine Mary McCleoud Bethune. How affective would her views, opinions and actions be in this so called new millennium in terms of race, gender, and economics.

MONA thinks - Wow, wasn’t she an AKA?

12:00 pm - Class ends.

12:13 pm - Enters Callis student union to go to the cafateria.

12:15 pm - Goes to pay phone and makes a quick phone call.

12:18 pm - Enters cafateria.

MONA thinks - I think I will have the green salad with a glass of pink lemonade! Hee hee.

12:35 pm - Completes lunch.

12:45 pm - Walks across campus to The Plot, the official Ahpla University Greek paraphanelia store.

EMPLOYEE - Hi may I help you?

MONA - Yes hi. I’m Mona Ferguson. I called in.

EMPLOYEE - Oh yes indeed. I have your design and layout all ready in the back. Let me grab it for you.

MONA - Thank you.

MONA thinks - Wow, what a nice umbrella. Ooh what a cute hat.

EMPLOYEE - Here you are Miss Ferguson, just like you said on the phone. White jacket, pink letters with green outline. Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc on the back with the crest. Spring 00 on the sleeve.

MONA - Oh I love it.

EMPLOYEE - I am so glad you like it. Now you mentioned that you were not sure if you would put a line name or number on here?

MONA - Oh...uh...let me decide.

EMPLOYEE - That is quite alright Miss Ferguson. You decide and just let me know.

MONA - So I pay half now?

EMPLOYEE - Yes and I can get started on this right away.

MONA - Ok.

EMPLOYEE - You know, you are lucky.

MONA - Why do you say that?

EMPLOYEE - Well, I have been in this business for a long time. And this time of year is the hardest on all paraphanelia places. Everyone crosses at the same time and wants to buy gifts.

MONA - Uh huh.

EMPLOYEE - But it seems that you have beat the crowd. Yall must have had an early crossing date this year huh?

MONA smiling - You could say that.

EMPLOYEE - Well thank you very much Miss Ferguson.

MONA - No, thank you.

1:30 pm - Walks back from The Plot to campus.

1:36 pm - Walks past the Alpha plot on the yard.

MONA thinks - SkeePhi frat!

2:00 pm Class: African - American Women in Science and Technology.

PROFESSOR - Today’s subject is Mae Jemison...

MONA thinks - Who?

3:00 pm - Class ends. Walks back across campus to shuttle bus.

3:10 pm Waits for shuttle bus.

MONA - Have you been waiting long for the bus?

STUDENT - Not long, maybe about...oh eight minutes or so.

MONA - Oh eight minutes huh?

STUDENT - Yeah.

MONA - Thanks.

MONA thinks - Hee hee, oh eight minutes.

3:17 pm - Shuttle bus arrives.

3:45 pm - Arrives back at room.

3:47 pm - Checks messages.

MESSAGE 1 - Beep. Hi Mona, this is mom. Call me when you get in. Beep.

MESSAGE 2 - Beep. Hi Soror Mona, this is Soror Mona! Ha ha ha ha, Skeewee! Beep.

MONA - Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

4:01 pm - Runs hot bath.

MONA thinks - Where is my...oh there it is.

(Grabs green bottle of pear glacee.)

MONA thinks - How cute! Green bath!

4:07 pm - Gets in tub.

MONA chants - S K Doube E, Double U, Double E,

SkeeWee my Sorors, SkeeWee!

4:20 pm - Gets out of tub.

4:30 pm - Watches last half hour of Montel

MONTEL - Susie’s mother abandoned her when she was just four years old...

MONA - Wow, imagine having a dysfunctional mom!

5:00 Study time

MONA thinks - I don’t feel like reading this! But if I put it off, I will never get to it. I guess I better just get it over with. Boring!

MONA reads - Mae Jemison was the first...

6:15 pm - Telephone rings.

MONA - Hello?

AUNT CATHRYN - Hello Mona honey.

MONA - Hey Aunt Cath!

AUNT CATHRYN - I got your message. What is the date of your function.

MONA - Actually Aunt Cath, I don’t know. You may have to ask mom because she is planning everything.

AUNT CATHRYN - Oh so I should ask Melinda?

MONA - Yes.

AUNT CATHRYN - All right. How is school? You studying hard?

MONA - Yes maam. School is fine. Gets better every day!

AUNT CATHRYN - That is good sweetheart. Make me proud.

MONA - I will.

AUNT CATHRYN - Ok bye Mona.

MONA - Bye Aunt Cath.

7:00 pm - Finishes studying.

7:04 pm - Logs on. Checks e-mail

7:30 pm - Logs off.

(Message on answering machine.)

MONA thinks - Oh, somebody called while I was online.

MESSAGE 1 - Beep. Mona this is mom. I guess your’re not in. I have to go out to a sorority meeting so I will probably talk to you tomorrow. Beep.

MONA thinks - I will be going with you soon! Hee hee.

8:00 pm - Watches television.

9:30 pm - Falls asleep.

10:45 pm - Wakes up in front of television.

MONA thinks - Gosh, I must have fallen asleep. Let me get ready for bed.

(Puts on pink pajama set.)

11:09 pm - Gets in bed. Watches television.

11:23 pm - Falls Asleep.

11:40 pm - Wakes up. Turns off television. Goes back to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We catch up with APRIL who is at the 24-7 diner with DERRICK.

(APRIL reaches down and picks up her bag and it’s contents. She is in total shock. As she sits up, she calls a waitress over.)

WAITRESS - Can I get you guys something to drink?

APRIL - Uh...yes. Could you get me a hot tea with with honey...and...

(APRIL looks at DERRICK. DERRICK is smiling.)

DERRICK - Ginger ale.

APRIL - ...and a ginger ale.

DERRICK - With no ice.

APRIL - With no ice...please.

WAITRESS - Sure.

(The WAITRESS walks away looking back at APRIL strangely.)

DERRICK smiling - That wasn’t so bad now was it?

(silence)

APRIL - What do you want from me?

DERRICK - Nothing much. Like I said, I like you April. I like you a lot. I just find it very...intriguing, the more I learn about you.

APRIL - How do you happen to learn about me?

DERRICK - Let’s just say that I have my ways.

(APRIL turns away in disgust. She is furious. She speaks without looking back at DERRICK.)

APRIL - Like I said, what do you want from me?

DERRICK - I am pretty sure you don’t want your business all over Ahpla.

APRIL - You would actually do that to me?

DERRICK - Would I? I think you and I are much better friends than that. I should not have to.

APRIL - Should not have to?

DERRICK - Baby, I am just a little curious. A little tri-curious I should say. You know what I mean?

APRIL - What?

DERRICK - Hey, it’s the year two thousand. I’m with it. Obviously you are too. So let’s say you set it up. You know, you me and she. Ha ha ha ha ha.

APRIL - And you promise you won’t tell anybody?

DERRICK - Oh sure! I promise.

APRIL - Ok, I tell you what Derrick. If that is what you want, that is cool with me. I just have to check things with...uh...her. But I am sure I can be...convincable.

DERRICK - Really?

APRIL - I can make it hot!

DERRICK - Oh shit. That’s what I’m talking about!

APRIL - You ever had it hot before?

(The WAITRESS comes over.)

WAITRESS - Here are your drinks. Tea with honey and a soda. You two ready to order?

APRIL - Can you give us a few more minutes to decide?

WAITRESS - Certainly.

(The WAITRESS walks away.)

APRIL - So you think you will like it hot D?

DERRICK - Oh no doubt! No doubt!

APRIL - Then take this motherfucker!

(APRIL throws her hot tea on DERRICK.)

DERRICK - Aaaaaah! Bitch! What the fuck! Aaaaaah!

(APRIL grabs her bag and gets up quickly.)

APRIL - Go ahead you jerk! No one is gonna believe you anyway!

DERRICK - Aaaaaah! Shit!

(APRIL runs out of the diner and fumbles for her keys. She looks back to see if DERRICK is chasing her but she doesn’t see him. She drops her keys.)

APRIL - Shit!

(She picks up her keys and grabs her car key. She quickly opens her car door, gets in and speeds away.)

APRIL thinks - I hope I scalded his ass!

(APRIL drives back toward campus.)

APRIL thinks - How could PJ do this to me? I trusted her with this secret! I can’t believe she could bring herself to do this!

(APRIL speeds into a parking lot on campus where OCTAVIA lives and parks her car.)

APRIL thinks - I don’t know if I am more pissed or hurt!

(APRIL begins walking toward the dorm and hears a skeewee from behind her. She turns around and sees GINA.)

APRIL - Skeewee!

APRIL thinks - Ok April, fix your face, calm down.

(GINA and APRIL hug.)

GINA - What’s going on girl?

APRIL - Nothing much. Just going up to Octavia’s to see the Ivies for a few minutes.

GINA - Really? I was heading there too but I realized that I forgot something at home so I am going to run back real quick. Maybe I will catch up with you in Octavia’s.

APRIL - That’s cool, I will see you in a little bit.

(APRIL walks toward the dorm and GINA goes in the other direction.)

GINA thinks - She is really cool. Hey, isn’t that the guy that I met...

GREGG - Well hello Gina.

GINA - Hi...I’m surprised you remembered my name.

GREGG - Why because you forgot mine? Don’t worry, I will let you off the hook. I’m Gregg.

GINA - The Kappa right?

GREGG - Yep. The one and only.

GINA - I am impressed you remembered my name.

GREGG - I never forget a pretty face.

(GINA smiles.)

GREGG - You know, I still feel bad about how we...bumped into each other before. My invitaion for dinner is still open.

GINA - Why don’t you call me and we can talk about it.

GREGG - Fair enough.

(GINA writes her number down and hands it to GREGG.)

GREGG - So I will speak to you later.

GINA - Mmm hmm.

(GREGG walks toward the dorm and begins to hurry. He remembers he has to meet SHAREESA there. He starts to jog there so he will not be late.)

GREGG thinks - Gina is really cute.

(GREGG gets to the dorm and sees APRIL waiting for the elevator. He breathes a sigh of relief that he doesn’t see SHAREESA waiting.)

GREGG - April, what’s up?

APRIL - Oh hi Gregg, how you doing?

GREGG - Do me a favor? You may see Shareece upstairs. If you do, tell her I am down here waiting for her.

APRIL - Ok, cool.

(The elevator opens and APRIL gets on.)

APRIL - Damn! I can’t believe Derrick was trying to play me like that! I wonder if he really will try to tell people what he knows. I wonder how much he knows.

(APRIL gets to OCTAVIA’s room and knocks on the door. OCTAVIA opens the door and APRIL walks in.)

APRIL - Hi Shareesa! What’s up Soror!

SHAREESA - April! How are you?

APRIL - Good, very good. Oh Ivy Presjina, I’m glad you’re here. I have a message for you. I ran into Gregg downstairs in the lobby and he told me to tell you hello and good luck.

No comments: