Tuesday

Episode 16

REGGIE (thinks) - I really hope I turn the corner and see some notes and books and shit. I really like this guy Jason, maybe he would be a good choice to be my spec.

REGGIE walks in the front door of Pearl. He walks to the elevator.

REGGIE (thinks) - The moment of truth.

WIL - Whatâs up frat?

REGGIE - Yo whatâs up oh six!

WIL - What you doing in here? Gettingâ some studying done?

REGGIE - Actually bruh, youâre not gonna believe this shit. We got
the interests at the house and this one dude comes in real late right?

WIL - Uh huh?

REGGIE - So he has hickies all over his neck and shit, like he just got finished gettingâ some.

WIL - Oh shit.

REGGIE - But he tells Bros that he was in here, in the stacks studying. But he left his books and his notes here. So Donte sends me over here to get his stuff. If itâs here, they get to leave. If it aint here, hell is gonna break loose in the house.

WIL - What?

REGGIE - This nigga Donte is already swinging wood on these cats!

(The elevator comes.)

WIL - Well Iâm dying to see if his shit is here now. Iâm gonna come with you.

REGGIE - Thatâs cool.

(They both enter the elevator and REGGIE presses S for the stacks section.)

WIL - Donte is crazy man, he wonât be satisfied until we aint got a chapter to call home.

REGGIE - I know man. By the way, where have you been? I havenât seen you since you crossed.

WIL - Ha ha ha. I have been busting my ass trying to get into Stanford. You know how that is bruh.

REGGIE - Wow, thatâs great. Good luck.

WIL - Yeah but Bobby is on my case because without me, he is saying that we have no shot at chapter of the year.

REGGIE - Well you are the chapter historian.

WIL - Yeah but unlike Donte, I will be an ahpla alum.

REGGIE - Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

(The elevator rings as it reaches the stacks section.)

REGGIE - Ok, he said he was sitting in section 20, on the left I think.

WIL- Letâs check it out.

(REGGIE and WIL walk past section 16, 17, 18, 19 and approach 20.)

REGGIE - Section 20. Here we are.

WIL - Any sign of any books?

REGGIE - Nope, I was afraid of that. But let me walk around one last time. Hold on.

REGGIE (thinks) - Damn, Jason was lying.

WIL - Well?

REGGIE - Naw frat. Nothing. But you know what, I aint lettinâ this kid go out like that.

(REGGIE looks through the shelf of books, and picks one out.)

REGGIE - This is about to be Jasonâs study material.

WIL - Youâre gonna lie for an interest?

REGGIE - Yeah, to save him and us from Donte.

WIL - First of all, you should not side with them. Even though Donte is extreme, he is frat and frat should come first.

REGGIE - Bruh how you gonna say that when you aint putting frat first in your list of priorities? I canât give that any merit. And secondly?

WIL - Secondly, smart ass, you may want to pick a book other than The Quantum Guide to Astro Physics.

REGGIE - Oh·thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We join SYLVIA who is in her apartment on the phone.

(SYLVIA calls ASHANTE)

WYDELL - Hello?

SYLVIA - Hey Wydell, this is Sylvia.

WYDELL - Hey, how you doing?

SYLVIA - Good, and yourself?

WYDELL - Good. Let me get Ashante for you. Ashante!

ASHANTE - Hello?

SYLVIA - Hey Soror.

ASHANTE - Hey Sylvia, whatâs up?

SYLVIA - I wanted to find out from you what our schedule should be as far as intake. I think we need to meet and start finalizing what is going to be happening with that.

ASHANTE - Actually, itâs funny that you should call. I just got some information from the regional director. We are in good standing and are allowed to proceed. So whenever you are ready.

SYLVIA - Great, then I want us to meet next Thursday. We need to get going. Plus we need to seriously talk about this legacy girl that is coming out.

ASHANTE - Oh yeah, Soror Fergusonâs daughter.

SYLVIA - Yeah, I met her and talked with her.

ASHANTE - What was your impression?

SYLVIA - Well, she is rude, ignorant, and doesnât recognize how to speak to a Soror.

ASHANTE - That is bad. She may have no problems bringing her mom into this then. That is bad.

SYLVIA - That is why I hate this legacy clause shit. There are so many girls coming in to the sorority every year, based on the simple fact that their mom or grandmom or godmom is active. But what about them and what they are about? What about what they are doing in the community? What about someone like Mona who is so arrogant? I hate this.

ASHANTE - Yeah but we donât have a choice here. If she meets the requirements, she is in. Besides the fact that we donât want to deal with Soror Ferguson. If she got involved, we would have to take her daughter and still lose the chapter.

SYLVIA - What we should do is put her down and then haze the shit out of her until she drops!

ASHANTE (laughing) - Now Soror, letâs not go there.

SYLVIA - I understand. Let me call Sorors and let them know about the meeting.

ASHANTE - Ok girl, Iâll see you there.

SYLVIA - Bye.

SYLVIA (thinks) - That hazing idea isnât a bad idea.

(SYLVIA calls MAX)

MAXâs answering machine - Iâm sorry that I am not in to take your call right now. Please leave your name and number after the tone, and I will be sure to get back to you at my earliest convenience. Have a blessed day.

SYLVIA - Hey girl, I am calling a meeting for next Thursday concerning our interests and proceeding with intake. Same time, same place. Call me when you get a chance.

(SYLVIA calls OCTAVIA)

OCTAVIA - Hello?

SYLVIA - Hey Soror.

OCTAVIA - Hey Soror, whatâs up?

SYLVIA - Iâm calling a meeting for next Thursday so we can discuss our interests for line and decide how we are going to handle things.

OCTAVIA - Cool. I am so excited about this. Alpha Kappa Alpha is a beautiful thing to pass on. I canât wait.

SYLVIA - I know girl, itâs just that you donât want to always pass it on to some people.

OCTAVIA - Well thatâs true. Some donât deserve it.

SYLVIA - You got that right. Let me call the other Sorors. So I will see you there?

OCTAVIA - Wouldnât miss it. Bye.

(SYLVIA calls APRIL)

PJ - Hello?

SYLVIA - Well hello Presjina. Just the interest that I want to talk to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenes change and we re-connect with MIRI and GINA.

MIRI - So how did you get here? Did you drive?

GINA - Yes, my car is in the parking lot.

MIRI - Ok, well I gotta lock up the club. So why donât you follow me when we leave here. We can go chill at my place.

GINA - That sounds cool. Iâll go wait in my car.

(MIRI walks GINA to her car, he gives her another kiss before she gets in.)

MIRI - Iâll be right back.

GINA - Ok.

GINA (thinks) - Wow, Miri is really special. I canât believe he said he loves me. I havenât known him for that long. I canât believe I said I love you too.

(GINA sees MIRI come back out and walk to his car. He starts the car and she follows him.)

GINA (thinks) - I wonder what he plans to happen at his place.

MIRI (thinks) - I wonder what she plans to happen at the crib.

GINA (thinks) - I am ready. I could make love to him tonight. I hope it wonât seem too soon.

MIRI (thinks) - I am ready. But I hope she doesnât think I would be rushing her.

GINA (thinks) - I will just follow the flow of the evening. Weâll see where it goes.

MIRI (thinks) - Iâll just see where the vibe of the evening takes us.

(There is a big parking spot in front of MIRIâs place. They both park and go inside.)

MIRI - Can I get you anything? Something to drink?

GINA - Water would be fine.

MIRI - Would you care for natural evian tap from the rocky mountain faucet, or pelligrino on the rocks straight up?

GINA (laughing) - Youâre silly.

MIRI - Well make yourself comfortable. Iâll get the water.

(GINA sits down. MIRI enters and puts on some music.)

"Fortunate to have you girl·Iâm so glad youâre in my world·Just as sure as the sky is blue·I bless the day that I found you·"

(MIRI sits down and puts GINAâs glass down. They look at each other and kiss.)

MIRI (thinks) - I could kiss her all night.

(As they draw closer, it is awkward because they are sitting side by side. MIRI puts his hands on GINAâs waist to turn her toward him.)

GINA (thinks) - It feels so good when he touches me.

(MIRI rubs her waist and GINA moves along with the movement of his hands.)

MIRI (whispers) - I love the way that you feel.

GINA ( whispers) - I love the way that you touch me.

(MIRIâs lips leave GINAâs face and move to her neck. GINA feels MIRIâs warm lips on her neck and she cringes because it tickles. But she allows him to kiss her there. She closes her eyes.)

GINA - Oh Miri.

(MIRIâs hands move up and very lightly caress GINAâs breasts. GINAâs back arches and she leans back. It really tickles and MIRI does it again. Each time though, very light.)

GINA (thinks) - Oh my God, that tickles and feels so good.

(With GINA leaning back, MIRI moves his hands up as his face down. He lifts her shirt just enough so he can kiss her belly button.)

MIRI (thinks) - She smells so good.

(MIRI lightly kisses Ginaâs stomach and places his tongue lightly in her belly button. GINA squirms and touches MIRIâs head. His tongue feels warm but the lightness of it tickles.)

GINA - Oh that feels good.

GINA (thinks) - His fingers are killing me.

(MIRI uses his fingertips to draw circles along GINAâs sides. It tickles her like crazy. He moves up to her breasts. He doesnât squeeze though, he just circles her nipples through her bra with his fingertips.)

GINA - Ooooh.

(GINA presses MIRIâs body against hers in hopes that he would squeeze her. She is aching to be squeezed from all the tickling. But MIRI resists and lightly kisses and touches. GINA canât hold it in any longer.)

GINA - Oh Miri, I want you, I want you so bad.

MIRI - No, not yet.

No comments: