Tuesday

Episode 33

We begin this week's episode with MIRI who is on the phone with GINA.

GINA - Yes I received the envelope today. Aren't you the sweetest.
MIRI - I try.
GINA - So this is seven days in a row. A girl could get used to this. But how many poems you got? You're gonna run out soon.
MIRI - Naw baby. I can write forever. Especially when you are my topic.
GINA - Stop making me blush. Ha ha ha ha. But guess what, I am about to play you big time.
MIRI - Huh? What do you mean?
GINA - You have written me a poem every day for the last seven days. Plus you gave me beautiful poetry when we first met.
MIRI - Yeah, so why are you going to play me?
GINA - Think about it. You are a poet by nature. It's not hard for you to write a poem. That is what you do, it is in your blood. Impressive, but natural.
MIRI - So what are you saying?
GINA - I challenge you to express to me how you feel with something other than a poem. Let's see how smooth you really are mister.
MIRI - Ok, I'm always up for a challenge. What did you have in mind.
GINA - I will let you decide. You can pick whatever you want but you only have seven days.
MIRI - You got yourself half a deal.
GINA - Half a deal?
MIRI - Yeah, I am about to flip the script on you.
GINA - What are you talking about?
MIRI - Don't think that you get off that easy miss thang! You have to write me a poem. Since it isn't in your nature.
GINA - Alright, that's clever. And I get seven days?
MIRI - Seven days.
GINA laughing - Good luck.
MIRI laughing - Good luck to you girl. Hey do you have plans for next Thursday?
GINA - No why what's up?
MIRI - I was wondering if you wanted to...

(GINA's phone clicks.)

GINA - Hold on sweetie.

(click)

GINA - Hello?
MAX - Hello soror.
GINA - Hi Max, what's going on girl?
MAX - Just chillin'. How are you?
GINA - Good.
MAX - I was calling to ask you if you would do a part of the program next Thursday.
GINA - Next Thursday?
MAX - Oh yeah, you weren't at the meeting. Next Thursday is rush.
GINA - Oh cool. Wow, it's that time of year already?
MAX - Let the games begin! Ha ha ha.
GINA laughing - Aint that the truth! Well what do you want me to do?
MAX - I have most of the stuff covered but if you could read the history of the sorority, that would be great.
GINA - My pleasure.
MAX - Thanks, I will write you in. So if I don't speak to you again, I will see you next Thursday. It starts at seven oh eight and it is in Pearl. They have a small auditorium.
GINA - Ok.
MAX - You may see a flier on campus advertising rush in Slowe Hall but it will be changed to Pearl.
GINA - Oh ok, cool.
MAX - Talk to you later.
GINA - Skee wee.

(click)

GINA - Miri?
MIRI - Yeah baby.
GINA - Sorry about that.
MIRI - No problem.
GINA - What were you saying?
MIRI - Uh...oh yeah. About next Thursday. I'm glad that you are not doing anything because I was wondering if you would take a drive with me. One of my friends sings with Hezekiah Walker's choir and they are on tour. I can get free tickets to the show, they are performing about an hour from here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As our scenes change, we find PJ who is on the phone with GREGG.

PJ - Gregg?
GREGG - Hey. Don't tell me you don't recognize my voice anymore.
PJ thinks - Oh my God!
PJ - No, I knew it was you boy. What did you say about rush?
GREGG - Are you still trying to be down? I saw the flier on campus.
PJ - What did the flier say?
GREGG - Rush is next Thursday in Slowe Hall. Seven oh eight.
PJ - Damn, I knew it was approaching. I gotta call my girls. Thanks.
GREGG - Good luck to you.
PJ thinks - I miss you!
PJ - Thanks. We'll see what happens. Speaking of AKA's, how is your...girlfriend?
PJ thinks - Please say yall have broken up.
GREGG - Oh she's cool. So how have you been? I haven't spoken to you in a minute.
PJ thinks - Nice way to change the subject.
PJ - I've been cool. Just trying to take care of business. What about you?
GREGG - Same ol' same ol'. Same shit, different day. I was actually thinking about you the other day.
PJ thinks - Really, I've been thinking about you too!
PJ - Oh yeah, why was that?
GREGG - Remember that time we went to that diner?
PJ - Which one?
GREGG - The one downtown. We went there once and the people that worked there started dancing on the tables. Remember?
PJ - Oh yeah, that was crazy.
GREGG - Well the other day I was studying and I had the radio on and that song came on. The same one that came on when everyone stepped up on the tables in the diner that night.
PJ - Really?
GREGG - Yeah so it reminded me of when you and I stood up on my desk and started dancing.
PJ - Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, you are stupid.
GREGG - Ha ha ha ha, that was fun.
PJ thinks - I miss laughing with you so much Gregg!
PJ - Yeah that was.
GREGG - Have you been to that spot since?
PJ - No, I have been so busy. I really haven't gotten out much.
GREGG - We should go over there for old time's sake. Are you hungry?
PJ - Oh shit!
PJ - Kinda, I need to call my girls though.
GREGG - We won't be long, I promise. We can go over there and dance on the tables and leave to come back.
PJ laughing - You're so silly.
PJ thinks - I want to see you so bad but should I? Shit!
GREGG - So what do you say? Can you meet me there?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next we find CARYN who is at home awaiting BOBBY's arrival. She is literally waiting for his knock on the door.

CARYN thinks - Let's see how punctual you are Mr. President.

(telephone rings. CARYN checks her phone ID and it is TRINA calling. CARYN doesn't answer.)

CARYN thinks - Leave me alone bitch, I'm busy. Ha ha ha ha.

(Knock knock)

CARYN thinks - Right on time!

(Knock knock knock)

CARYN thinks - Impatient too. Wow.

(Knock knock. CARYN opens door. She is only wearing a t shirt and a towel around her head.)

CARYN - Oh hi Bobby, I didn't think you would get here that fast. I was washing my hair. I'm sorry, come on in.
BOBBY - Is this a bad time?
CARYN - No it's ok. I was just finishing. I almost didn't hear you knock.

(BOBBY walks in and notices CARYN's shirt lift up as she vigorously dries her hair. She is wearing red panties.)

CARYN - Have a seat. I will be right back.
BOBBY - Thanks.
BOBBY thinks - This is a cool little crib.

(BOBBY notices a picture of CARYN posing with the cheerleaders.)

BOBBY - I knew I had seen you before when I walked in. You are a cheerleader right?
CARYN - I can't hear you, come back here.

(BOBBY gets up and walks toward the back.)

CARYN - I'm in here.

(BOBBY turns to walk in the bathroom. CARYN is bending over the sink rinsing out her hair. Her red panties are in full view. BOBBY stops, but continues to talk as if he doesn't notice.)

CARYN - I couldn't hear you, what were you saying?
BOBBY - Uh...that you are a cheerleader. I knew I had seen you before.
CARYN - Oh yeah, I cheer.

(CARYN stands up and pulls her shirt down. She begins to dry her hair again. BOBBY notices that CARYN is not wearing a bra.)

CARYN - I made the squad when I first got to Ahpla. I love cheering.
BOBBY - That is cool. It's probably how I feel about stepping.
CARYN - Yeah, I did see you step last homecoming. The Alphas are really good.
BOBBY - Yeah we do our thing.
CARYN smiling - You gonna teach me how to step?
BOBBY smiling - If you teach me how to cheer.
CARYN - Deal. Come in here with me, I have this stuff I have to put in my hair before it dries. We can talk in here.
BOBBY - Ok that's cool.

(BOBBY follows CARYN into the bedroom. He watches as she walks in front of him, he can still see her panties through her shirt.)

BOBBY thinks - Damn, she is kinda sexy!
BOBBY - Your bedroom is tight. Is this a king size bed?
CARYN - No, it's a queen for the queen bee.
BOBBY - Ha ha ha ha ha, no doubt.
CARYN - You can sit down, just let me get my stuff. Don't mind me.

(CARYN opens her closet door and reaches for the top shelf. Her shirt lifts again and BOBBY quickly notices.)

BOBBY thinks - She has a nice ass, damn!
BOBBY - So how did you meet Alexis?
CARYN - We were supposed to take a class together and we were like lab partners. But I dropped the class at the mid point in the semester. We just stayed cool though.

(CARYN grabs a bottle from the top shelf and some incense.)

CARYN - Do you mind if I burn an incense?
BOBBY - No not at all.
CARYN - It's just that this stuff I have to put in my hair smells. I hate the smell of this shit. So I burn an incense whenever I do this.
BOBBY - What is that stuff?
CARYN - Some shit my beautician back home suggested. It works well for conditioning and shit but I hate the smell when I lay down for bed. Wait, I will show you.

(CARYN pours some into her hand and rubs it in her hair.)

BOBBY thinks - This chick is sexy as hell!
BOBBY - It looks like water.
CARYN thinks - That's because it is water!
CARYN - I don't know, some people say they can't smell it and some say it smells good. But for some reason, I really don't care for it too much.

(CARYN massages it into her hair and sits on the bed next to BOBBY.)

CARYN - Ok get up and smell my hair and tell me what you think. See how close you can get to it without it knocking you out. Ha ha ha ha ha.

(BOBBY gets up on his knees on the bed and gets close to CARYN. He runs his fingers through her wet hair and picks her hair up to his face to smell it.)

BOBBY - I can't tell yet.
CARYN - Get closer to it.
BOBBY thinks - Damn if I can hit this I would be the fucking man!

(BOBBY puts his face in CARYN's wet hair to smell it. He stays there for a few seconds. With his left hand he is stroking her hair. CARYN turns her head back to look at BOBBY's face.)

CARYN - So what do you think?
BOBBY smiling - All I know is my face is wet now.
CARYN smiling - Ooops I'm sorry. Come here.

(CARYN turns her body toward BOBBY's body and she wipes his face with her hands.)

CARYN - Here...use my shirt.

(CARYN lifts the bottom of her shirt to give to BOBBY to wipe his face. BOBBY bends down, grabs it and puts his face in it. He notices how close his face is to the front of CARYN's panties. BOBBY wipes his face and innocently drops his hands to rest in CARYN's lap in order to push himself back up.)

BOBBY - Thanks hon.
CARYN - Don't mention it.

(BOBBY and CARYN are face to face.)

(silence)

(BOBBY and CARYN start kissing furiously.)

No comments: