Tuesday

Episode 44

We open this week’s episode with BOBBY who is in his room. He is on the phone with REGGIE.

BOBBY - So you kicked the niggas out? That’s cool.

REGGIE - Yeah, I’ll give them a few hours alone. They’ll probably start to blame each other and then we’ll call them back.

BOBBY - Works every time. What is the deal with them crossing?

REGGIE - Everything should be according to plan.

BOBBY - Have you thought about a going over party.

REGGIE - Not in detail. I have been too busy trying to make sure everything else is on point.

BOBBY - Well I have an idea. Let’s have an official going over party for them during nationals.

REGGIE - During Alpha nationals? In Atlanta?

BOBBY - Yeah, that could be the shit! You’re going right?

REGGIE - Hell yeah, Atlanta is off the hook.

BOBBY - And I spoke to Nino and Trey, they are going too. And I know when the boys cross, they will be down to go if we go.

REGGIE - Sounds like a plan, but where?

BOBBY - Well there is frat that I know who lives there. He was telling me about this spot called studio central.

REGGIE - Oh yeah? Is it hot?

BOBBY - He said it was.

REGGIE - Who is this bro?

BOBBY - I actually met him in the chat room on skeephi. Mustafa is his name.

REGGIE - That’s cool.

BOBBY - But check this out, this is what I was thinking. I was talking to Sylvia and a lot of the sorors are going to Atlanta too?

REGGIE - They are? For our convention?

BOBBY - Yeah, I’m telling you, this Atlanta convention is gonna be off the chains. So anyway, they were talking to some of the sorors down there and they want to do a joint party with us.

REGGIE - Oh that shit would be crazy!

BOBBY - I know. Sylvia told me that she met a soror in the chat room named naka2nv. She seemed real cool. I think if we plan it, we can throw a large joint party at studio central for our boys and the new Ahpla sorors. What do you think?

REGGIE - I think that is the bomb!

(There is a knock on BOBBY’s door.)

BOBBY - Hold on bruh, someone is on my door.

(BOBBY looks through the peephole and it is ALEXIS.)

BOBBY thinks - Oh shit!

BOBBY - Reggie let me call you back. It’s Alexis.

REGGIE - Handle your business bruh.

(BOBBY hangs up the phone.)

BOBBY - I’ll be right there!

(BOBBY opens his bottom dresser drawer and reaches behind his folded shirts. He pulls out two pictures. One of ALEXIS and one of himself and ALEXIS. He puts them on top of the dresser. He opens the door.)

ALEXIS - Hi.

BOBBY - Hi.

ALEXIS - I think we need to talk.

BOBBY - Yeah, come on in.

(ALEXIS walks in.)

BOBBY - How have you been?

ALEXIS - I’ve been ok. How about you?

BOBBY - Cool. Kinda busy. Making sure these boys pledge the right way.

ALEXIS - Oh yeah, you have a line pledging.

BOBBY - Yeah, we got three.

ALEXIS - That’s nice.

(silence)

BOBBY - Alexis, I know you didn’t come all the way over here to talk about the Alpha line. Let’s cut through the small talk. What’s up?

ALEXIS - Ok fine. I would like to know why you decided to go outside of our relationship and sleep with someone else.

(silence)

BOBBY - Wow, you’re straight to the point huh?

(ALEXIS doesn’t smile.)

BOBBY - Here, sit down.

(ALEXIS sits on the bed. BOBBY is standing.)

BOBBY - Alexis, first of all, I love you. Make no mistake about that. I would die for you. What happened with Trina was an isolated incident. It happened once. There is no one to blame but me. I know that and I accept full responsibility for my actions. But just know that I am sorry. I was sorry when it happened. The next thing I know, she is telling me that she is pregnant. I said it probably wasn’t mine because she is a ho and probably fucks with a lot of these Ahpla niggas.

ALEXIS - So you cheated on me with a ho? That makes it even worse Bobby!

BOBBY thinks - Ok, change that strategy.

BOBBY - I’m not saying she’s a ho like I cheated on you with a prostitute or something. I’m just saying that I don’t believe that I am the only person that she has slept with. So if she is pregnant, it probably isn’t mine.

ALEXIS - Did you...

(ALEXIS stops and then continues.)

ALEXIS - Did you wear protection?

BOBBY - Uh yeah...sure. I definitely did.

(silence)

BOBBY - Look, I know you would not have come over here if you were not at least willing to work this out with me. I want to keep my relationship with you Alexis. Like I said, I love you. Do you want to work this out with me too? Do you want to be my girl again?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rejoin IVY PRESJINA who is now confronted by BIG SISTER SHAREESA.

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - Well, well, well. If it isn’t PJ.

(IVY PRESJINA jumps up and stands in the Ivy stance.She doesn’t get a chance to wipe her face.)

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - Sorors will put just about anybody on line nowadays huh?

(silence)

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - So what’s with all this cursing? Since when do Ivies say shit? Is this some new millennium pledging that I don’t know about Ivy?

IVY PRESJINA - No big sister!

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - Well then explain to me what is going on.

IVY PRESJINA - Big sister, there is a girl who tried to make line with me. I saw her wearing the letters of Alpha Kappa Alpha. I warned her about it and she said that she would not do it again. But now she told her mother that it was me wearing the letters. Her mother is a big sister of Alpha Kappa Alpha and a founder of this chapter.

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - Who is her mother?

IVY PRESJINA - Big Sister Melinda Ferguson.

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - Continue.

IVY PRESJINA - So her mother just called and had this girl on the phone with her. They accused me of wearing the letters but it wasn’t me, it was her.

(silence)

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - Well I think that once again you are mixed up in some shit where you don’t belong.

IVY PRESJINA thinks - Huh?

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - Why is there always some drama with you PJ? Damn, you are really not going to make a good soror!

IVY PRESJINA - Big Sister Shareesa, I didn’t wear the letters? Why are you coming down on me for something I didn’t do?

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - Why are you questioning a soror? A big sister at that?

IVY PRESJINA - Because you are not treating me like a big sister right now!

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - Are you talking back to me!

IVY PRESJINA - You are treating me like Shareesa who is still mad that I fucked her man!

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - What the hell did you say!

IVY PRESJINA thinks - Oh shit! I should not have said that!

(IVY PRESJINA snaps back into the Ivy stance and doesn’t say anything.)

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - What the hell did you just say!

(SHAREESA pushes IVY PREJSINA.)

IVY PRESJINA - I’m sorry Big Sister! I didn’t mean that!

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - Oh hell no! You took this shit somewhere else! You want to deal with me outside of AKA, fine! We can handle this shit right now!

IVY PRESJINA - Big Sister, I didn’t know Gregg was your man! Why don’t you believe me? If I would have known, I would never have...

(SHAREESA pushes IVY PRESJINA hard. IVY PRESJINA falls on the bed but jumps back into the Ivy stance.)

IVY PRESJINA - I am sorry Big Sister Shareesa!

BIG SISTER SHAREESA - Don’t even call me that PJ! It’s on bitch!

(SHAREESA slaps PJ across the face. PJ turns and holds her face.)

IVY PRESJINA thinks - Oh shit!

(IVY PRESJINA pushes back at SHAREESA shoving her to the floor. The door opens and BIG SISTER N.A.A.C.P. walks in.)

BIG SISTER N.A.A.C.P. - What in the world is going on in here?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DERRICK has IVY KATRICE on hold and is now speaking to APRIL.

DERRICK - April?

APRIL - Yeah, what’s up boy.

DERRICK giggling - Hey, whaaaazzzuuuuppp!

APRIL - You’re so silly.

DERRICK - But listen, let me call you back. I got a call on the other line.

APRIL - Well who is it? They’re more important than me?

(pause)

DERRICK - It’s my coach.

APRIL - I’m just kidding. Call me back.

DERRICK - Aight, cool.

(click)

DERRICK - Hello?

IVY KATRICE - Yeah.

DERRICK - Hold on, let me make sure I cleared the other line.

(click, click)

DERRICK - Ok, cool. Now what were you saying? April went down on you?

IVY KATRICE - She tried. But it’s like your first time having sex. You’re not really good, ya know?

DERRICK - That is crazy as hell!

IVY KATRICE - Whatever you say.

DERRICK - But what if you are lying and you just want me to get back with June?

IVY KATRICE - Ask April if I’m lying.

(silence)

IVY KATRICE - I think it is shady that you are dating an AKA after you knew how badly June wanted to pledge. Out of all the girls to fuck with, you pick April. But that’s cool because what goes around comes around. And that is why I told you this shit. I hope this shit fucks with you for a long time.

DERRICK - What happened between me and June is none of your damn business, line sister or not. You need to quit poking your nose, and your tongue, where it doesn’t belong. Thanks for the info, now leave me alone.

(DERRICK and IVY KATRICE hang up at the same time.)

DERRICK thinks - I can’t believe this shit!

(DERRICK picks the phone back up and dials.)

RONNIE’s answering machine - Rowf! Rowf! Rowf! This dog aint in but leave me a message and I’ll holla back at ya! Rowf!

DERRICK thinks - Damn!

(DERRICK hangs up and thinks to himself. He then dials again.)

JUNE’s answering machine - I’m not in, but please leave your name, telephone number and a brief...

(DERRICK hangs up.)

DERRICK - Dammit!

(DERRICK dials again.)

APRIL - Hello?

DERRICK - Whaaaazzzzzuuuuppp!

APRIL - Hey boy.

DERRICK - What are you doing right now?

APRIL - A little reading. Why what’s up?

DERRICK - Let’s meet at the twenty four seven diner. I’m hungry.

No comments: