Tuesday

Episode 31

We begin this week's episode with the vote on the Heart to Heart Valentine's project and the debate between SYLVIA and WILLIE.

THERESA - If everyone has written down their vote, I can come around and collect the papers.

(Everyone begins to fold their papers in half. WILLIE stares at SYLVIA. THERESA comes around to collect. As she collects JASON's vote, she slips him a return note.)

JASON thinks - Good! Now we are getting somewhere.
Note: Don't fuck with me!
JASON thinks - Huh?

(THERESA smiles as she notices the surprised look on JASON's face.)

WILLIE - Ok, let's tally the votes.

(THERESA counts the votes as she continues to smile.)

THERESA thinks - That brother doesn't know who he is fooling with. I aint the one to be played.
THERESA - All the votes are counted, but I want to count one more time just to make sure.
WILLIE smiling - That's fine.
THERESA thinks - Jason has a stupid look on his face now, wait until he finds out that the Alphas won't want his ass.

(THERESA begins to laugh.)

WILLIE - What's so funny?
THERESA - Oh nothing, I was just thinking of something.
JASON thinks - Damn, she is making a big fool out of me. I bet she is thinking of me right now and laughing to herself.
THERESA - Ok. Results are the same. We have eleven votes to have the heart to heart with the singing group and only nine votes not to have them.

(WILLIE flashes a big smile and looks at SYLVIA. SYLVIA smiles back.)

WILLIE - Well alright. That settles it. The guys are going to sing and be the bomb.
SYLVIA thinks - And the assembly will be broke.

(THERESA sees JASON writing another note.)

THERESA thinks - Damn, now we're going to play the note passing game?

(THERESA leans over to whisper to WILLIE.)

THERESA whispers - Is that all the business we were going to discuss today?
WILLIE - I had a few more things. Why you have to leave?
THERESA - I need to head to the library. I have a big exam.
WILLIE - Oh sure, you can go. I will fill you in later on.
THERESA - Thanks. Call me later.

(JASON notices THERESA leaving. He grabs his bag to leave as well. He gets out the door and sees THERESA down the hall.)

JASON - Theresa wait!

(THERESA keeps walking. JASON runs down the hall to catch her and doesn't notice who he is about to run past.)

NINO - Jason, I think I need to talk to you for a minute.

(JASON stops in his tracks.)

JASON thinks - Damn!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next we catch up with DERRICK who has just paid for APRIL's lunch.

APRIL - That is very nice of you. Thank you.
DERRICK - So will you have lunch with me?
CASHIER - You better do it gitl. I like 'em tall!

(All three laugh.)

APRIL thinks - I like 'em tall too!
APRIL - Sure, I will have lunch with you.

(They walk into the cafeteria and choose a booth.)

APRIL - So do you always go around paying for women who misplace their bags?
DERRICK laughing - Naw, but for you, no problem.
APRIL - Oh so I'm different huh?
DERRICK - Well I don't know. Are you?

(APRIL hesitates.)

APRIL - I didn't even get your name. I'm April.
DERRICK - I know who you are. You're an AKA right?
APRIL - Let me find out you are a stalker.
DERRICK laughing - I just saw you on campus a few times, that's all. Stepping on the yard and shit.
APRIL - Cool.
DERRICK - Yeah, my name is Derrick.
APRIL - Derrick...Derrick. I think I have seen you on campus before too. Is your major sociology?
DERRICK - No, but you may have seen me play ball. I play for the basketball team.
APRIL - That's where I saw you! I remember. It didn't hit me because I usually don't pay attention to the actual game that much.
DERRICK - Well damn.
APRIL - Nothing personal but it is much more fun watching the people in the stands. You know how black schools do.
DERRICK - Ok, you got a point.
APRIL - But I should have known you play ball, you're so tall. How tall are you?
DERRICK - Six seven.
APRIL - Damn. And big feet too! How big are your feet?
DERRICK - Thirteen...on a good night.

(They both laugh.)

APRIL thinks - Hmmmm.
DERRICK - So April, I really hate for our first date to be over cafeteria food.
APRIL - Who said anything about this being our first date?
DERRICK - Good so you agree. Our first date needs to be somewhere else.

(APRIL laughs.)

APRIL - Ok you got me. That was clever.
DERRICK - Well I got plenty more where that came from.
APRIL - A regular comedian huh?
DERRICK - Yep, full of jokes. Why don't I tell you a few more at the Cheese Cake Factory.
APRIL thinks - Oooh, I love the Cheese Cake Factory!
APRIL - That is my favorite place.
DERRICK - Great. So will that be our first date?

(APRIL smiles but hesitates.)

APRIL - Cheese Cake Factory it is.
DERRICK - Cool! My treat of course, but this time, don't forget your purse.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rejoin ALEXIS who was just told by CARYN that TRINA is not pregnant.

ALEXIS - What did you just say?
CARYN - I said that Trina is not pregnant. She is lying to you and to Bobby.
ALEXIS - How do you know this? Who are you?
CARYN - Look, I am not trying to cause any trouble. I just don't want to see what happened to me happen to you too. I was a friend of Trina's and she slept with my man. Then she claimed to be pregnant because she thought that my man would leave me and go be with her. It was an act from the very start. I quickly ended my friendship with that bitch.

(ALEXIS becomes intrigued.)

ALEXIS - You want to come inside? It's cold out here.
CARYN - Thanks.

(The two go inside ALEXIS' apartment.)

ALEXIS - So this girl Trina is just known for messing with other people's men?
CARYN - All the time.
ALEXIS - Damn!
CARYN - And the brothers fall for it because it is some cheap sex. Doesn't come any easier.

(ALEXIS looks down.)

CARYN - Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply...
ALEXIS - That's ok. Bobby was with her. Even if she isn't pregnant.

(silence)

CARYN - Well anyway, my man was with her too. And it broke my heart and I wanted to kill that bitch.
ALEXIS - I hear you.
CARYN - And then when I found out that she was pregnant by my man, I was infuriated but more so hurt. I almost felt sorry for her in a weird kind of way. I didn't want to do anything that may hurt the baby. It isn't the baby's fault.
ALEXIS - Yeah. I thought the same thing.
CARYN - But when the truth came out, she was just using that to get me to think exactly what I did. Which would keep me off her ass and give her time to try and get my man for herself.
ALEXIS - That bitch!
CARYN - And I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker!
ALEXIS - So what did you finally do?
CARYN - Let's just say that you would never see me and Trina within 300 feet of each other. After what I layed on her, she wants no parts of me anymore.
ALEXIS - Cool! You gotta help me.
CARYN - Whatever you want. I think you should go after her with both guns cocked!
ALEXIS - Damn. And with the truth out, and her out of the picture, I can work on fixing things between me and Bobby.
CARYN - Uh...yeah. Well...uh...first things first. Let's focus on Trina. We can fix things with Bobby later once she is out of the way.
ALEXIS - Right!
CARYN - But listen Alexis, I have to run. I have to pick someone up and I am already running late. But if you are gonna be here later, I will call you. Write your number down.
ALEXIS - Ok, yeah I'll be here. I wish you didn't have to leave.
CARYN - Me neither. Getting Trina again is the delight of my week. But I don't want my friend to be waiting for me too long.
ALEXIS - I understand. That's cool. Well thanks for the info. I really really appreciate it because you didn't have to tell me.
CARYN - I just think that women should stick together. And shit like this is ridiculous. Some women have no class.
ALEXIS - Damn right!
CARYN - Aight, well let me go but I will holla at you later on.
ALEXIS - Ok, thanks again.
CARYN - Bye.

(CARYN leaves ALEXIS' house and quickly walks to her car. She turns around and ALEXIS is looking at her from the front door. She smiles and waves, ALEXIS waves back.)

CARYN thinks - Damn bitch, go in the house.

(CARYN gets in her car and begins to drive away. As soon as she turns the corner, she pulls out her cell phone.)

BOBBY - Hello.
CARYN - Is Bobby there?
BOBBY - This is Bobby. Who is this?
CARYN - Bobby this is Caryn. I am a friend of your girlfriend Alexis.
BOBBY - Alexis? Where is she?
CARYN - Slow down. I need to talk to you first. I was just talking to her and she told me the situation with Trina being pregnant. She really cares about you and wants to work things out but doesn't know how.
BOBBY - Really?
CARYN - Yeah. I know how you feel. You are a good brother so you cannot possibly abandon you and Trina's child. But your heart is with Alexis. So you are caught in the middle.
BOBBY - Yeah, exactly. But there is no way for me to get that across to Alexis.
CARYN - Actually there is. Alexis and I have been friends for a while. I have heard a lot about you over the years but we have never met.
BOBBY - Yeah, I never heard her mention you before.
CARYN - Uh...yeah. We don't get together very often. But we go way back. But from knowing her so well and talking to her today, I know what you have to do to fix your situation.
BOBBY - Really what?
CARYN - Are you busy now?
BOBBY- No. What do you have in mind?

(CARYN smirks.)

CARYN - Why don't you meet me at my place. We can talk everything out. Alexis just cried on one shoulder and I have another dry shoulder ready for you. I'll order a pizza and we will work it out. How does that sound?

No comments: