Tuesday

Episode 11

This week's episode begins in JASON's dorm room which is in Burke Campus. JASON has just returned from a movie with THERESA.

THERESA - I'm tellin' you, Will Smith needs to get an academy for that one. I was feelin him this time.
JASON - You feel Will Smith all the time.
THERESA - Naw, not all the time, shut up. Like in Independence Day. That whole save the world bullshit, I aint into that.
JASON - But you're into the entire United States government having a guy so tapped that they know his every move down to the wire taps in his shoes? (JASON turns on his CD player).
THERESA - Yeah, you know what I mean. That could be true you know. I just thought it was his best movie. But I hope you aint puttin' his CD in though. That brotha should stick to his daytime job, acting.
JASON - Well personally I like his album, you know I like to get jiggy with it. (smiling). But that isn't the mood I would like to create.
THERESA - Oh really, and just what type of mood do you want to create?

JASON presses play on his remote.

"Sweet lady, won't you be mine..Sweet love for, a lifetime...I'll be there, when you need me...just call and, receive me...Sweet lady, won't you be mine..."

THERESA - Oooh, I love that song.
JASON - Good, would you care to dance sweet lady?

THERESA and JASON begin to dance slowly, She places her arms around his neck and rests her head on his shoulder. He pulls her close by her waist. They seem to dance forever until the CD goes into the next track.

THERESA pulls her head back and begins to kiss JASON.

JASON thinks - Ok, just take it slow.

The telephone rings.

THERESA - Don't get that.
JASON - I wasn't going to. Nothing can interrupt us baby. (Not when I'm finally going to hit it)
THERESA - Good, I just want you to hold me.

THERESA sits on the bed and JASON sits next to her. As they kiss passionately, he slowly touches her stomach under her sweater. Since she doesn't stop him, he moves his hand up. THERESA leans back, inviting his hand further up. JASON touches her breasts.

The telephone rings.

THERESA stops and looks at JASON. JASON goes to the wall and unplugs his phone. THERESA takes off her sweater.

JASON - Nice bra. (Oh my God!)
THERESA - Victoria Secret's Angel's collection.

JASON tries to remain cool.

JASON - Yeah, that is real pretty. But it's you that makes it look beautiful.
THERESA - Come here.

THERESA lays back and JASON lays on top of her. They begin to kiss very heavily. With one hand JASON massages THERESA's breast, with the other hand he tugs at his own sweater to get it off. JASON pulls his sweater over his head and throws it on the floor. THERESA's nipples are now hard. He kisses her neck.

THERESA - Oh Jason, I want you. I've wanted you so bad!
JASON thinks - You have?

JASON's pager goes off in his pants pocket. He leans up off THERESA and pulls his pager off. As he is trying to throw the pager down, he can't help but notice that it is a text message sent with urgent status. It reads:

"Jason I've been trying to call your room for the last 10 minutes but you haven't answered! We've got 15 minutes to get to the Alpha house with food! Larry and I already have the food, but every brother in the chapter is there! Please, please, please call me if you get this message!! I will wait here at my place for 5 minutes to hear from you then we're out! We will meet you at the Alpha house and all go in together! Quinton."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our scenes change to MONA's room where she is on the phone with her mother, SOROR FERGUSON. PJ is there also.

SOROR FERGUSON - I don't care if times have changed, there is absolutely no reason for a soror to speak to an interest like that.
MONA - I just don't understand her mommy. I thought it was ok for me, I mean us, to ask questions. Especially me because I'm a legacy.
SOROR FERGUSON - Well legacy or not. This April is not going to be just speaking to people any way that she feels like it. I think I may need to have a talk with this soror.
PJ - Mona?
MONA - Hold on mommy. (MONA covers the phone) Yeah PJ?
PJ - I told you to kill all that legacy talk. You shouldn't even be thinking like that. And let me find out you got your mom dragged into this. I told you not to call her.
MONA - But who else was I supposed to turn to?
PJ - Me! Are you going to let me help you or not?
MONA - I'm sorry mommy, Presjina is here. That is the girl I was telling you about, PJ. I think she understands this whole process much better than I do.
PJ thinks - Good grief!
MONA - Oh ok mom, hold on. She wants to talk to you PJ.

PJ gives MONA a stern look.

PJ - Hello.
SOROR FERGUSON - Hello Presjina, this is Mrs. Ferguson.
PJ - Hello Maam, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
SOROR FERGUSON - Presjina, what types of things are going on with sorors at Ahpla? Is what my daughter telling me true? I will not have my daughter disrespected by young sorors. Not while I pay for her to go to Ahpla and since I founded that chapter.
PJ - I don't think you need to concern yourself maam. It's just a struggle to learn all that we have to learn and get to know all of the members of the chapter on the campus. But it really isn't that bad.
SOROR FERGUSON - What about this April using the b word at an Alpha Kappa Alpha function? That is not right PJ.
PJ - No maam, you are right.
SOROR FERGUSON - Someone needs to straighten this situation out and if you two don't, I most definitely will.

PJ gives MONA another stern look.

PJ - Maam, there is really no need for your involvement. I am sure that we can handle this by simply talking it out. April is my roommate and Mona and I were just going to walk over there to talk to her. I am sure we can handle this.
SOROR FERGUSON - I trust you will PJ. I would like a phone call after your discussion. But if you cannot handle this situation, I will.
PJ - Yes maam, good bye.

PJ hangs the phone up.

PJ - Girl are you out of your mind? If your mother gets involved, she can have the chapter snatched and then we are all ass out.
MONA - I never thought about it that way.
PJ- Well you need to think about it. Stop being so concerned with yourself and start thinking of the rest of us. I've busted my ass for this for two years now and I aint about to let you ruin this.

MONA begins to cry.

MONA - I'm sorry PJ. I want this bad too. I'm sorry, I don't want to hurt you or Katrice or June. I want to be your line sister one day.
PJ - Well look, fix your face because we need to rush over to my crib. I know April is home now because she has a big trig final she is getting ready for. If we hurry, maybe we can catch her while she is taking a break or something.
MONA - Ok, come on, let's go.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We next join GINA in her room preparing to meet MIRI at Pharoahs.

GINA thinks - I can't believe this. I am so happy. Miri wants to see me and he is sorry. I think. I mean he sounded like he is sorry. But what if he isn't? I can't be playing myself.

GINA looks in the mirror to apply some foundation.

GINA thinks - That was messed up what he did on the yard. I may not ever forget that. What if he can't get over the fact that I am a soror? What if he flips out again in the future? But that poem was so nice. Oh my God. He has to be sincere.

GINA puts on eye shadow.

GINA thinks - But he is a poet by nature. He may be just writing some stuff to get me back. That may have been an old poem. He may have written that to someone else. What if that was for somebody else? Naw, it couldn't have been. It was so personal. It really described how I feel as well. Why am I sounding so crazy?

GINA fixes her hair.

GINA thinks - I know I aint in love with this brother after just meeting him a few months ago. But gosh, why do I sound like this? I am just trippin'. I need to snap out of this and come back down to earth for real! It's getting late, what time is...Oh my gosh, I gotta hurry.

GINA quickly applies her lipstick.

GINA thinks - He'd better be sincere. I am going through a lot of trouble over this. He'd better be sincere. I know I am. But I aint in love. I just agonized over this brother all of Thanksgiving. Oh God, am I in love? But how? So fast. What time is it?

GINA gets up and walks to the closet. She grabs her coat and her purse.

GINA thinks - I can't wait to see him. Maybe he will do a poem for me on-stage. But maybe not. I don't know. It will be good to see him. But I will not play myself. I have to act cool, like I aint too excited, even though I am. Eventhough and now. (giggle)

GINA walks out of her apartment, turns and locks both locks on her door. She turns and begins to walk down the hall toward the elevator.

GINA thinks - He really didn't say what time to meet him and I don't want to look anxious. What if he isn't even there yet? Maybe I should have asked Max to go with me. That way, I could play it off better. Damn, it's too late now. And she probably needed to get out. Oh well, I am on my way now, and I really don't know what to expect.

GINA quickly turns the corner at the end of the hall to get to the elevator.

GINA thinks - I have no idea where this is going to...Ouch! Shit! Ouch!

GINA looks up and the person who just walked into her. He turned the corner at the same time and knocked her over. Now he is looking down with an outreached hand to help her back up.

GREGG - Are you ok? I'm so sorry, are you all right?
GINA - Yeah, just a little shocked I guess.
GREGG - Here, let me fix your coat. You seem to be in an awful hurry.
GINA - Yeah, I am heading out to an appointment and I am running late.
GREGG - Better late than never, I always say. But even better than that is to get there in one piece. Oh, by the way, my name is Gregg and it was great bumping into you.
GINA (laughing) - Hi, I'm Gina.
GREGG - You're not hurt or anything are you?
GINA - Naw, I'll be all right.
GREGG - Well I don't want no lawsuits coming up later on so why don't you let me make it up to you some kind of way. Maybe dinner. If you like it, I can probably cook it.
GINA thinks (Oh gosh) - I don't think that will be necessary.
GREGG - Aw come on, what's a pretty guy gotta do to cook for a pretty lady like yourself?
GINA - A pretty guy? What are you a Kappa?
GREGG - You can't tell baby? Phi Nu Pi till the day I die.
GINA - I was supposed to know that?
GREGG - You can just look and tell.
GINA - Ok, then what am I?
GREGG - Oh you're greek too huh? I don't remember seeing you on anybody's line.
GINA - I transferred to Ahpla.
GREGG - Oh cool. Ok, let me guess. I love red and white so you must be a Delta.

GINA begins to walk away.

GREGG - No wait! AKA, huh? I was just kidding babe. I knew you were an AKA. So gracious lady, you gonna let this debonair brotha cook for you or what? Well here, at least take my card.

GREGG whips out a business card and hands it to GINA.

GINA - A business card? What do you do?
GREGG - I just like to use it for networking purposes. I am polemarch for the chapter and it comes in handy in my travels. You never know when you're gonna run into somebody. Case in point.

GINA's next door neighbor opens her door and looks down the hall at GINA and GREGG.

CARYN - Damn, I can't leave you alone for a minute! You already on the prowl!You supposed to be comin' to see me!

GINA looks at CARYN and then back at GREGG.

GINA turns the corner - I was wondering why you were in an all female dorm. Handle your business.

No comments: