Tuesday

Episode 45

We open this week's episode with BIG SISTER SHAREESA who was just thrown to the floor by IVY PRESJINA. BIG SISTER N.A.A.C.P. has just walked in.

BIG SISTER N.A.A.C.P. - What in the world is going on here?

(IVY PRESJINA jumps back into the Ivy stance. Shareesa looks startled and looks up at Octavia. Then she gets up.)

SHAREESA - I'll tell you what the hell is going on. I can't believe yall put this bitch on line! I tried to warn you all last year! That is why I kept her ass off but I see the chapter didn't heed my warnings.

BIG SISTER N.A.A.C.P. - What do you have against PJ? Why are you so upset?

SHAREESA - Because she is coniving!

(IVY PRESJINA starts to breathe heavy and her eyes begin to water.)

BIG SISTER N.A.A.C.P. - Presjina, loosen up. You can talk freely.

(IVY PRESJINA doesn't move.)

BIG SISTER N.A.A.C.P. - PJ, I said it's ok. Let it go so we can get to the bottom of this.

(IVY PRESJINA drops her head and looks at SHAREESA and OCTAVIA. Tears begin to fall.)

BIG SISTER N.A.A.C.P. - Now what is going on PJ?

IVY PRESJINA - Big Sister N.A....

BIG SISTER N.A.A.C.P. - Stop. For now, call me Octavia. I want you to talk openly. Call me Octavia, call her Shareesa.

PJ - Ok. Well this all started last year. Shareesa's boyfriend is Gregg. And Gregg and I dated. But I didn't know that Gregg had a girlfriend. He always denied it. But when Shareesa found out, she blamed me instead of placing the blame where it really belongs, on her man.

SHAREESA - That's bullshit! How could you not know he was my man! Everyone knows that Gregg is my man!

OCTAVIA - I didn't know that. Well I didn't know it last year.

(SHAREESA looks at OCTAVIA likes she's pissed off.)

PJ - Anyway, I didn't know either. But by the time I found out, I had serious feelings for Gregg. He never let on.

OCTAVIA - So then what happened?

PJ - I started to hear rumors that Gregg had a girfriend and that she might be a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha.

PJ - I was scared to death. I couldn't tell anyone how scared I was because I wanted to be discreet about me wanting to be an AKA. I didn't tell you or April.

OCTAVIA - I remember. I never knew why you didn't make line last year.

PJ - Gregg and I eventually stopped whatever we had going on. He would still call occassionaly. But I had to get on with what I was trying to do. AKA burned in my heart and I couldn't take rejection from him as well as the chapter. I was depressed for a long time. I almost decided to not try this year.

SHAREESA - You shouldn't have!

OCTAVIA - So what is your side of the story Shareesa?

SHAREESA - I am going to listen to my man! And he says that he has never cheated on me! I'm not going to take the word of some girl who obviously is infatuated with Gregg. Gregg is my man and he loves me as much as I love him! And any girl that will listen to some other girl over their own man is stupid!

While on the other side of campus...

TRINA - Say that one more time?

CARYN - You heard me. I said I missed my period.

TRINA - How many days?

CARYN - If it was just a matter of days, do you think I would be here? This is more serious than just a couple of days!

TRINA - Oh shit! Here I am claiming to be pregnant and you may really be!

CARYN - Very funny.

TRINA - I'm not trying to make fun of you girl, you know I got your back. What do you want to do? Whatever you want to do, I got your back.

CARYN - I don't believe in abortions or shit.

TRINA - So you want to have a baby? Damn!

(CARYN sits down.)

TRINA - Well whose baby is it?

BOBBY - Haven't I seen you before? You're a cheerleader right?

(BOBBY and CARYN start kissing furiously.)

BOBBY - Haven't I seen you before? You're a cheerleader right?

(BOBBY turns CARYN over and enters from behind.)

BOBBY - Haven't I seen you before? You're a cheerleader right?

TRINA - Caryn!

CARYN - Oh I'm sorry, I was daydreaming.

TRINA - So whose baby is it?

CARYN - Oh...uh...it's...

(silence)

CARYN - Gregg's. It's Gregg's baby.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We move to DERRICK who has just been joined at the 24-7 diner by APRIL.

DERRICK - What's up?

APRIL - Hey you!

(APRIL leans over and kisses DERRICK. As APRIL takes her chair, DERRICK drinks some water and slowly gargles and wipes his mouth.)

APRIL - What's going on?

DERRICK coughing - Nothing much. What's up with you?

APRIL - Chilling. I was reading up on some stuff but I am glad you called. I had been wanting to see you.

DERRICK - Yeah, I thought you might.

APRIL thinks - Huh?

APRIL - Uh...what were you doing?

DERRICK - Nothing.

(silence)

APRIL - O...k. Did you order already?

(DERRICK turns and looks around the restaurant. He doesn't pay attention to what APRIL just asked him.)

APRIL - Derrick, did you order already?

DERRICK - Oh did you say something?

APRIL - Yes...did you order?

DERRICK - No.

(silence)

APRIL thinks - What's wrong with him?

APRIL - Well would you like to order something? I thought you were so hungry?

DERRICK - Yeah, or better yet, why don't you order for me?

APRIL thinks - Oh that's sweet, maybe he wants to see if I have figured out what he likes to order.

APRIL laughing - Oh you want to see how well I know you huh? That's why you want me to order for you.

DERRICK - No, I want you to order for me because I told you to.

APRIL - Huh? Stop playing.

DERRICK - Do you see me laughing?

(silence)

APRIL - Derrick, what is wrong with you? You have been acting funny since I got here!

DERRICK - Ok new rule. You don't question me. I ask the questions. Got it?

APRIL - Is this some kind of joke? What the hell is wrong with you?

DERRICK - There is nothing at all wrong with me. I just think that some things need to change in our relationship. Things need to go moreso...my way from now on.

APRIL - When I met you, you seemed like a really sweet guy. But now you are talking crazy.

DERRICK - Whatever. Like I was saying, you need to go ahead and order for me.

APRIL - I will do no such thing. If you think I am going to be your slave or some shit, then you got the wrong chick.

(DERRICK casually looks around the restaurant again as if he doesn't recognize APRIL getting upset.)

APRIL - Are you playing around? Because it isn't funny anymore!

DERRICK - Look, stop talking so much shit aight. Just order my shit!

APRIL - If that's the way you want it, fine! But you can be obnoxious without me! I don't have to take this crazy shit! Nigga you are trippin'! I'm out of here!

(APRIL grabs her bag and gets ready to get up to leave.)

DERRICK - You can leave if you want. But if I were you, I'd stay. Unless of course you want me to spread the word on campus that you prefer females to lick on you instead of guys.

(APRIL's bag drops to the floor and she looks back at DERRICK. She feels her heat beat much much faster.)

(silence)

APRIL quietly - What did you say?

DERRICK smiling - I said, order my shit.

APRIL thinks - Oh my God! PJ must have told!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next we join a meeting that has been called between the ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha. In attendance is SOROR FERGUSON, SOROR BERGEN, SYLVIA, MAX and ASHANTE.

ASHANTE - I would like to start this meeting by saying welcome to our visiting sorors, Soror Ferguson and Soror Bergen.

SOROR BERGEN - Thank you soror.

SYLVIA - And Soror Ferguson, let me say that it is a pleasure and an honor to finally meet you.

SOROR FERGUSON - Well thank you Sylvia.

ASHANTE - Now let's get down to business, shall we?

SOROR FERGUSON - Indeed.

SOROR BERGEN - Sorors, I wish I could say that this is a social visit but we all know that this is not. The matter at hand is Mona Ferguson. Can anyone tell us what happened with her application?

(SYLVIA looks over at MAX.)

MAX - I remember receiving her information. I actually brought it here today for this meeting.

(MAX looks in her bag and pulls out a folder.)

MAX - If you look here, she has the transcript and her letter of recommendation from her mother. But we asked for a letter from a faculty member to accompany this material. She did not have that information included with the rest of this. I even tried to contact Mona once to see if she could get it to me by the deadline that was set by the chapter. But I didn't get a response from her. Of course, I didn't feel like I had to track down an interested young lady. If anything, she should track me down.

SOROR BERGEN - This is true.

SYLVIA thinks - Work it Max!

MAX - So the chapter went ahead as planned with the induction of young ladies for this semester.

SOROR FERGUSON - My problem is this. It just seems like a funny coincidence that my daughter seems to have had problems with many of the sorors from the chapter, and this recommendation letter mysteriously finds itself lost.

SYLVIA - Soror Ferguson, are you suggesting foul play?

(MAX reaches over and puts her hand on SYLVIA's arm to quiet her.)

MAX - Soror Ferguson, we all knew Mona's strong intent to become a member of this organization and specifically this chapter. We knew of your desire to participate in any way that you could. That is why I tried to call Mona when I realized her packet was incomplete. I did not have a way to get in contact with you.

SOROR FERGUSON - I am pretty sure Sylvia knew of a way to get in contact with me if she really wanted to.

SYLVIA - Who said I really wanted to? We don't get into the practice of chasing down people that want to be in our organization. Or maybe it was different years ago.

SOROR FERGUSON - See, that is what I mean! No respect! Do you realize how long ago I pledged young lady!

SOROR BERGEN - Sorors please! We do not have to argue, all we have to do is settle this.

(SOROR FERGUSON quiets down and looks sternly at SYLVIA.)

MAX - Like I was saying Sorors, I had no way to get in contact with Soror Ferguson except through Mona. And when that didn't pan out, we had to go ahead on schedule.

ASHANTE - Soror Bergen, my question is for you. What happens now? From your stand point.

SOROR BERGEN - Ashante, there are a few options here. It really depends on what is comfortable for all parties.

SYLVIA - What are those options?

SOROR BERGEN thinks - Mona needs to wait a year, or two, or three. That would be a good option.

SOROR BERGEN - Mona can decide to wait until the date when applications can be submitted again.

SOROR FERGUSON - You mean wait until two thousand one?

SOROR BERGEN - Yes. Or she can submit her information to me now and be processed in with the other candidates for the crossing.

SOROR FERGUSON - I have all of Mona's information. I want her put through now so she crosses with everyone else.

SYLVIA - But how can that happen when the chapter was specifically given a deadline date? And that deadline date was given by Soror Bergen herself to us!

SOROR BERGEN - Because it is still early enough for me to get her information sent in. I can overturn my deadline date and accept it now.

SOROR FERGUSON - And I have the influence to push it through. I don't feel that Mona was treated fairly. I helped found this chapter! I love Alpha Kappa Alpha and I love my daughter! And I will embrace her in the love of this beautiful organization this year, when you cross the other women you are bringing in!

SYLVIA - Soror Bergen, she shouldn't be able to do this! There has to be some standard! What if everyone's daughter that doesn't deserve this decided to walk in here and cross!

SOROR FERGUSON - I will not stand for you saying that my daughter does not deserve Alpha Kappa Alpha! Who are you to say that!

SYLVIA - Your daughter was caught wearing our letters! She doesn't respect you or any of us!

ASHANTE - Sylvia...

SYLVIA - No! This is a damn shame! This is the damn problem with organizations now! People getting in that don't deserve it and don't respect it once their in!

SOROR FERGUSON - You are totally out of line young lady and disrespecting yourself right now! I will not stand for you to use that language nor that tone with me!

SYLVIA - I will not stand for people to be admitted to my beloved organization that don't deserve it! I will not allow this to go through!

SOROR BERGEN - Unfortunately for you Sylvia, you don't have a choice. Max, the date that you cross your other inductees, you will also cross Mona Ferguson.

No comments: