Tuesday

Episode 12

This week's story begins as PJ and MONA walk to APRIL's room to talk to her.

PJ - You look really upset. Are you OK?
MONA - I'm just stressed out like crazy. I just feel so bad about not considering everyone else's views and just my own. And now April hates me.
PJ - She doesn't hate you. But you will definitely have to kiss up and come correct.
MONA - Damn.
PJ - Well I've been trying to tell you ever since the beginning.
MONA - But that is the thing. I have been wanting to be an AKA ever since I was a little girl. I went to the boules and the conventions with my mom. She told me all along not to take any nonsense from any sorors. Especially because of all the rules with intake.
PJ - Yeah but that is what gets you in trouble with the sisters. Look at it this way, why would you want to piss off the same sorors that are going to pledge you and more importantly, run the chapter with you? You'd be shooting yourself in the foot.
MONA - I guess you're right. But wouldn't my mother know what she is talking about? I mean there has to be some kind of advantage to having a mother who is a soror as well as a chapter founder.
PJ - Well I have heard April talk about that like it is a negative thing. If it were me, I wouldn't even admit it.
MONA - I guess it is too late for...
SYLVIA - Hello PJ.
PJ (nervously) - Oh, hi Sylvia, I didn't even see you walking there. How are you?
SYLVIA - The question is, how are you?
PJ - Uh, Sylvia, this is Mona Ferguson. Mona this is Sylvia Muhammad.
MONA - Oh, hello.
SYLVIA (smiling) - Mona Ferguson, oh yes, I think I need to talk to you.
MONA - Sure, what time would be good for you to...
SYLVIA - No better time than the present.
PJ - Actually Sylvia, with all due respect, we have to rush over and meet with April and talk over a few things with her.
SYLVIA - Oh don't worry PJ, this won't take long. As a matter of fact, why don't you go on ahead and meet with April and Mona will be right along.
PJ - Uh...we kinda need to meet with April together.
SYLVIA - I wasn't asking you PJ.

(PJ gives MONA a look of encouragement)

PJ - OK, I'll see you in a few Mona. It was good seeing you Sylvia.
SYLVIA - uh huh.

(PJ walks away and tries not to look back)

PJ thinks - Oh God, I hope she will be OK. I don't know if Sylvia knows about Mrs. Ferguson or not. Dammit.

(PJ hurries into the lobby of the IVY Tower.)

PJ thinks - Shit! I hope Mona doesn't say anything stupid. I need to really work with these girls.

(PJ pushes the up button on the elevator. She notices that both elevators are already going up.)

PJ thinks - Damn, the one day that I am in a hurry and I can't get an elevator. And why the hell are both elevators going up anyway? That's stupid.

(PJ waits until finally one elevator comes down and stops in the lobby. She steps forward. The door seems to take longer to open. It opens and PJ begins to rush in, only to back away as the people inside are trying to exit. PJ finally enters the elevator.)

PJ thinks - Damn, this just isn't my day.

(PJ pushes for floor 7, another person pushes for floor 4 and yet another pushes for floor 6.)

PJ thinks - Shit!

(The elevator arrives at 7. PJ rushes out. She lightly jogs to her room while getting her keys out.)

PJ thinks - OK this is it. I hope April is in a good mood.

(PJ takes a deep breath and in one motion, opens the door and walks in.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We change scenes and are at the Alpha house where we find BOBBY, REGGIE, NINO, DONTE, WILL, and TREY.

BOBBY thinks - Shit, Trina. She's got a surprise for me? I wonder what that could be.
REGGIE - So Mr. President, what are the rules? What can we do and what can't we do?
BOBBY - Huh?
REGGIE - I said, what are the rules? Hello? McFly, are you there McFly?

(Brothers laugh)

BOBBY - Uh yeah, I just got a page from Brother Mickens.
NINO - The regional director?
BOBBY - Yeah, he is saying that he needs to speak to me, now.
DONTE - Well here is the phone, call him back.
TREY - Yeah we gotta stay on his good side. So call him back right away.
BOBBY - But he is saying that he wants to talk to me in person. I gotta run over there.
TREY - That sounds serious. You want me to go with you?
BOBBY - Uh no, no. I am sure it is nothing. It probably has to do with my brother of the year paperwork.
TREY - Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
DONTE - Well what about these prospective cats coming over here?
BOBBY - Oh...just be sensible. Wil, you're in charge. I'll head back as fast as I can.
DONTE thinks - Oh it's about to be on up in here!

(BOBBY quickly puts on his coat and walks out the door. As he is pulling away
in his car, he doesn't notice another car behind him driven by a female. This
car follows BOBBY.)

BOBBY thinks ? The last time Trina had a surprise for me, she knocked me out cold and I slept until Saturday afternoon.

(The female continues to follow BOBBY and she wonders where he is going.)

BOBBY thinks ? This time I gotta cover my bases. I'll call Brother Mickens just to strike up some conversation. That way, if the Bros speak to him, he can say that we spoke and my story will stick. I just gotta make sure Alexis doesn't talk to Bros and they almost fuck me up again.

(The female has figured out that BOBBY is not going to his house and decides to follow him until he stops.)

BOBBY thinks ? Damn, I wish I had some gum. Breath is kinda tart.

(BOBBY pulls into the driveway at TRINA's complex. The female follows behind. As BOBBY parks and gets out of his car, she speaks.)

WILLIE ? Hey Bobby, what's up?
BOBBY (surprised) ? Oh hey girl, what are you doing here?
WILLIE ? Well I saw you coming out of the Alpha house and I wanted to talk to you but you didn't see me. So I decided to follow you and wait until you pulled over. What are you doing here?
BOBBY ? Oh uh�I have a classmate that lives in here and we are going to read some notes and shit. What did you need to talk to me about?
WILLIE ? Oh yeah, I know you know Miri and I know you don't care for him too much.
BOBBY ? Yeah.
WILLIE ? Well I saw him on the yard cursing out one of your sorors.
BOBBY ? What!
WILLIE ? Yeah, she must be a transfer because she didn't pledge at Ahpla, but that is some punk shit to curse out a girl. And on the yard too.
BOBBY ? Do you know her name?
WILLIE ? No because she walked away. But I wanted to tell you because someone needs to handle his ass. I know he goes to Pharoahs a lot. I think you need to step to his ass.
BOBBY ? Oh no doubt. As a matter of fact, after I leave here today, maybe I'll head to Pharoahs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We pick up our scene between APRIL and KATRICE with the massage.

(KATRICE looks at APRIL's breasts.)

KATRICE thinks - Oooh these are nice, but I can't stop. If I break the flow, April will stop me. Damn these look good!

(KATRICE rubs over APRIL's breasts to test APRIL's reaction. The only reaction is APRIL's breath quickening. KATRICE places both her hands on APRIL's breasts and her thumbs on APRIL's nipples and begins to rub.)

KATRICE - Relaxing definitely helps me study better.
APRIL - mmm hmmm.
KATRICE thinks - Damn, I shouldn't mention studying, uh...where is her...oh there it is.

(KATRICE leans over with her left hand to the dresser and squirts Lubriderm into her palm. She continues to massage with her right hand. She stops only to share the lotion equally between her two hands. She then places her hands back on APRIL's breasts and rubs. KATRICE rubs harder now, but it doesn't feel as hard because of the lotion.)

APRIL - Oh that feels good.
KATRICE - ssshhhh. You just relax and let me take care of the rest.

(KATRICE circles around APRIL's breasts, and then just the nipples. Each time a pattern is formed, it is changed to another routine. APRIL has not opened her eyes but she is breathing heavy. KATRICE begins to feel the pleasure and pain of her own body throbbing, but she maintains to keep the moment.)

KATRICE thinks - Oh this shit feels good. I can't hold out much longer. She is so pretty, I gotta see the rest of her, it's killing me.

(KATRICE begins to remove as much lotion from APRIL's right breast as she can with her hand. After a good portion is gone and her breast feels dry, KATRICE leans over and gently kisses APRIL's right nipple. She waits a second and kisses it again to make sure that APRIL knows what she just did. She licks it. She begins to suck it. She tastes lotion, but continues.)

APRIL - Oh shit, oh shit. Oh I like it just like that.

(APRIL arches her back and KATRICE uses both arms to support APRIL in the air. As APRIL gently falls back to the bed, KATRICE brings her arms around APRIL's waist to begin to tug at her pants buckle. APRIL doesn't protest, but she doesn't help either.)

KATRICE thinks - Yes! I'm bout to turn her out! She's never felt what she is about to feel now! Can't no man go down the way a real girl can!

(KATRICE continues to suck and doesn't miss a beat. She undoes APRIL's pants and APRIL arches up to help KATRICE slide them off. KATRICE touches APRIL's panties and can't take it anymore. She quickly goes to remove them.)

APRIL - Wow, that was kinda fast and sudden don't you think? Wait, wait, I aint sure about this. I've never done this before.

(APRIL grabs the sides of her underwear in order to keep them on.)

KATRICE - Trust me, let me show you this and I guarantee you will enjoy it. Don't break this groove now, just hold my hand and let me show you something like nothing else you have ever experienced. I know what you like because it is exactly what I like. And no one does it better.

(KATRICE removes APRIL's hands and moves her panties down.)

KATRICE - Trust me.

(KATRICE removes them and opens APRIL's legs. She quickly moves inner before APRIL changes her mind.)

KATRICE thinks - Oooh she reminds me of Alicia from home. I do miss her.

(APRIL begins to moan and arch her back left and right. KATRICE folds her arms under and around APRIL's legs to hold her in position. She performs quickly in one spot, never breaking her motion. With every passing wave, APRIL feels that she truly cannot take anymore, but then she does. Until KATRICE lets her down by slowing down immediately almost to a stop.)

APRIL exhaling heavily - Oh my God! You are driving me crazy.

(KATRICE doesn't say anything. She keeps the slow motion going and notices that whenever she passes the higher spots, APRIL jumps. KATRICE then takes the higher areas heavily now and sucks hard. Not hard to where it hurts, but to the point where APRIL moans loud and grabs the pillows.)

(The door flies open and in one motion PJ walks in.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rejoining JASON and THERESA in Burke Campus, in JASON's apartment.

(JASON is looking down at his pager.)

JASON - Shit!
THERESA - What? What is the matter?
JASON - Oh nothing, nothing. I'm sorry. Where were we?
THERESA - Wait a minute, who is that paging you? You didn't respond too happy.

(JASON quickly erases the message.)

JASON - It's just a guy that I am in a study group with. I told him to page me if the group was getting together. I didn't think it would be tonight though.
THERESA - So do you need to leave?
JASON thinks - Hell yeah, I need to. But damn! Damn! Damn!

(JASON looks at THERSA's body. He puts his hand on THERESA's head and strokes her hair.)

JASON - I told you, no interruptions. This is our night. And nobody is going to mess this up.
THERESA - Are you sure? I mean, I understand if you have to go.
JASON thinks - Yeah right.
JASON - Naw baby, it's cool. Really. The study group meets a lot and if I miss one meeting, I'm sure I can catch up on whatever happens to the group.

(THERESA kisses JASON.)

THERESA - Good, because I really didn't want you to go.
JASON - I aint going nowhere.
JASON thinks - Damn, this is fucked up. I'm leaving my boys hanging for a piece of ass. But damn, I've waited for this for a long time. And there will be other meetings. I'll just say that I didn't get the page.
THERESA - Jason, what is wrong?
JASON - What?
THERESA - You are kissing me with your eyes wide open. Are you ok?
JASON - Well how did you know that I was looking at you if you weren't looking at me too.
JASON thinks - Oh God I sound stupid.
THERESA - I just briefly opened them and there you are wide as a crying baby.
JASON - I'm sorry, come here.

(JASON begins to kiss her neck, and they begin again)

JASON thinks - Ok calm down. Don't say anything else stupid. Just relax and kiss. Her body is slammin' and she kisses real nice too. I know those guys will be ok. We all studied like hell and know all that we have to know. We know all the founders of the fraternity. Jewel Henry Arthur Callis, Jewel Charles Henry Chapman, Jewel...
THERESA - Oh Jason baby, what are you thinking of right now?
JASON - Jewel Eugene Kinkle Jones.
THERESA - Jewel who? Who the hell is Jewel?
JASON - Huh?
THERESA - You just mentioned some girl named Jewel? Who the hell is Jewel? Are you seeing someone else? Let me find out you're talking to somebody else!
JASON thinks - Think fast.
JASON - I'm sorry, my mind drifted. There was a beautiful Black actress in the fifties named Jewel Jones who did those old movies. You know, the black and white ones. Well anyway, she was gorgeous and just looking at you and being close to you the way that I am, made me think of her.
THERESA - Well can you keep your mind in the nineties please?
JASON - Sure, no problem.

(JASON kisses her again and she kisses him back.)

THERESA - So what are you thinking of now?
JASON - Just you Theresa.

(THERESA smiles and lays back down.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We return to the Alpha House where QUINTON and LARRY have just arrived with the food. JASON is not there.

LARRY - What should we do? We only have 1 more minute and Jason isn't here.
QUINTON - Dag! I hate to go in without him. That isn't showing any brotherhood. But I know he is on his way. Maybe we should just go in and try to stall until he gets here. And if he doesn't show up, he must not have gotten the message.
LARRY - Yeah, ok.
QUINTON- Well nonetheless, it is time now. So let's ring the bell.

(Inside the house)

DONTE - Ok, the three guys are here. Is everybody ready?
NINO - Yeah and I'm hungry too.
DONTE - Go open the door Wil, since you are in charge now.
Wil - Yeah aight.

(WIL opens the door.)

QUINTON - Good Afternoon Wil Touhman.
WIL - Yeah, yeah, yeah, get in here. Give Nino the pizza and speak to all brothers present in the house.
LARRY - Hello Nino, Hello Donte, Hello Reggie.
DONTE - Wait a fuckin' minute! Weren't there three of yall? Where is the other guy? Jason?
QUINTON - Uh...he was not able to be reached.
DONTE - Not fuckin' able to be fuckin' reached? What kind of brotherhood is that? Why didn't yall go over to his house and get his ass?
LARRY - Well we didn't have enough time and we did try to call.
REGGIE - Let me teach you something. Excuses are tools of the incompetent. They build monuments of nothing and bridges to nowhere. And those who excel in them amount to very little. Now repeat that.
QUINTON - Excuses are tools of the incompetent, they build monuments to nowhere and excel in them.
LARRY - Excuses are tools of the incompetent, they build bridges of...um...and accept them who are very little.
DONTE - Get in the fucin' chair!

(QUINTON and LARRY get in the chair position. REGGIE leans on QUINTON's arm while eating a piece of pizza.)

DONTE - And yall are going to pay for Jason not being here!
QUINTON thinks - I hope Jason has a good reason.
LARRY thinks - I hope Jason has a good reason.
REGGIE - I want you two to think about Jason as this day continues. For every punishment that you get, you get it twice as bad because of him not being here.
TREY - Yeah, do think you guys are ready to go on line? Yall don't know the first thing about brotherhood.
DONTE - Well I am going to show them brotherhood right now.

(DONTE leaves the room.)

WIL thinks - I hope he isn't doing what I think he is doing.

(REGGIE and NINO look at each other, and then look at TREY and WIL. DONTE returns.)

DONTE - Gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to a little brotherhood.

(From around his back, he pulls out a wooden paddle with the word "Brotherhood" engraved in it.)

DONTE - And every time you forget what brotherhood is about, I will gladly reacquaint you.
WIL thinks - I know Donte aint trying to give wood to niggas that aint even on line yet. Is he crazy? This cat is worse than I thought.
QUINTON thinks - I really really hope that Jason has a good reason.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the elevator encloses on GINA, she thinks - Silly Kappas.

(GREGG begins to walk down the hall toward CARYN's room.)

GREGG - Why you all loud? Maybe I don't want everybody in the dorm all up in my business.
CARYN - What you ashamed of? You scared that if other females know that you and me are messin' around, that they won't give you no more? Or is it the fact that I am a freshman and I got you open.
GREGG - What? You aint got nobody open.

(GREGG enters her room.)

CARYN - Oh yeah, well why you keep comin' back for more?
GREGG - Don't flatter yourself little girl. I can have any girl on this campus that I want.
CARYN - Yeah, whatever.

(GREGG playfully smacks her on the butt.)

GREGG - I turned you out didn't I?
CARYN - Nigga please, I was singing Queen B long before I met you. "I used to be scared of the dick, now I throw lips to the shit, and handle it like a real bitch!"

(GREGG unbuttons his pants.)

GREGG laughing - Oh yeah, you think you can handle this?
CARYN - You aint said nothin' but a word. You aint had better than me, I'll have you up in here calling for your mama.

(CARYN and GREGG on one side of the campus and THERESA and JASON on the other, begin the same thing at the same time.)

GREGG - Oh shit.
JASON - Oh shit.
GREGG - Faster.
JASON - Slower.
GREGG - Harder.
JASON - Not so hard.
GREGG - Oh my...
JASON - ...God!
GREGG - Uuuhh that was good!
JASON - Uuuhh that was good!
GREGG - Wow look at the time, I gotta run.
JASON - Baby, I am so glad I stayed, I want to be with you all night long.
CARYN - Nigga your ass aint goin' nowhere! You better get ready to return this favor!
GREGG thinks - Damn!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the elevator encloses on GINA, she thinks - Silly Kappas.

GINA thinks - Now I really can't wait to see Miri.

(GINA drives up to Pharoahs where she notices that no one is in line to go in.)

GINA thinks - Wow, that is strange. This spot is usually standing room only. Am I that early? I am going to look very eager. That is not cool. I don't see any cars here either. Maybe they are not open this evening and Miri wanted me here tomorrow night.

(GINA walks up to the door. As she reaches for the door, it is opened for her by a host in a suit.)

HOST - Gina, welcome. Let me show you to your table.
GINA smiling - How did you know my name? What is going on?

(As GINA enters Pharoahs, she notices there is only one table in the middle of the floor. There are usually many. There is one rose in the middle of the table in a vase.)

GINA - Oh my gosh! What is going on?

(The HOST seats her.)

HOST - Your guest will be accompanying you in a second.
GINA - OK, thank you.
GINA thinks - This is crazy, how much did this all cost? He rented out the entire place?

(The lights drop and a spotlight shines on the stage. There is a single microphone stand with a mic there. Music comes in over the sound system. It is Anita Baker.)

...Whatever it takes to make you happy baby. Whatever it takes to make you happy...

GINA - Oh my goodness! That used to be my song!

(MIRI at the microphone.)

MIRI - I did a little research on Alpha Kappa Alpha. Seems you have this thing for mirrors.

(GINA smiles.)

MIRI -When I look at mirrors,
do I see through because I see you?
Even when I wipe them clearer,
your reflection moves when I do.
Clockwise to counterclockwise,
your motion coincides with mine.
An African staring at African eyes,
same heritage yet redefined.
A mirror, but I see your image.
A scientist would disagree.
It caused me to be quite timid
watching you watch me.
Yet you are my perfect compliment
and it draws my heart nearer,
when I renew love's commitment
by staring in my mirror.
I know you never planned to be
my person but it's true.
I see you as I see me,
and for this I love you.

(As pink balloons fall from the ceiling, GINA looks up at them through tear filled eyes.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The telephone rings in ALEXIS's apartment.

ALEXIS - Hello.
RONNIE - Hey Alexis, this is Ronnie.
ALEXIS - Hey Ronnie, what's goin' on?
RONNIE - Everything and nothing. What's up with you?
ALEXIS - Nothin much, just getting into some studying.
RONNIE - Oh is this a bad time?
ALEXIS - No, no, I can use a break.
RONNIE - Well I just wanted to let you know a few things. And at first, I wasn't going to say anything, but I consider myself a true friend to you and I think you should know these things.
ALEXIS - What's wrong?
RONNIE - Well it's about Bobby.

(ALEXIS's heart skips a beat.)

ALEXIS - Bobby? What about him?
RONNIE - You gotta promise me that you won't say anything, not even to him.
ALEXIS - Ok I promise.
RONNIE - No I'm serious. Promise me.

(ALEXIS's heart is beating harder now.)

ALEXIS - Yes, yes I promise.
RONNIE - Well Bobby is seeing someone else.

(ALEXIS doesn't feel her heart pumping anymore.)

ALEXIS - What?
RONNIE - Bobby is seeing someone else.
ALEXIS - How do you know that? Who?

(ALEXIS hasn't felt her heart beat yet.)

RONNIE - Everybody knows. He is seeing Trina Thompson. She is a junior. Do you know her?
ALEXIS - No but how do you know this? I don't believe you.
RONNIE - I wouldn't call you and tell you this just to upset you unless it were true.
ALEXIS - Well I don't believe you. Who is this Trina person?
RONNIE - Alexis, I really like you a lot. I always have. I have tried to tell you before. About how much I like you and about Bobby as well. But it has been hard.
ALEXIS - What are you talking about? You call me to tell me that my man is seeing someone else? Now you are talking about how you like me? Ronnie I thought we were cool, but not anymore! Don't call me anymore!
RONNIE - You don't have to believe me. But everyone knows. Talk to your so called man and find out for yourself.

(ALEXIS hangs up on RONNIE.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our story changes scenes and we find ourselves amidst a telephone conversation between JUNE and OCTAVIA.

JUNE - Yes, I really appreciate you taking the time to discuss a few of my problems with me. I wanted to talk to someone and I didn't know who. I just appreciate how you are willing to listen.
OCTAVIA - That is what we are here for. Granted, you are not a part of my sisterhood, but you are my sister. If you have problems in your attempt to gain access into the sisterhood, I need to know so that maybe I can help. Now what's up?
JUNE - Well, it's my man Derrick. He really doesn't understand the Greek letter organization process and he doesn't seem willling to learn. Well actually, I shouldn't say that because he did accompany me to the party that the ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha sponsored. But I know that he didn't want to be there and it hurts me. I don't know what I should do because I care for him a lot but I want to be a part of this sisterhood more than anything else in the world.
OCTAVIA - You have to learn to make your own decisions. You can't let family, friends or men live your life for you. If Alpha Kappa Alpha is in your heart, then you need to pursue that. If you don't, you will feel regret for the rest of your life.
JUNE - It is in my heart.
OCTAVIA - You may have to also learn the real meaning of sacrifice. And that is very difficult to learn. But our founders sacrificed and worked extremely hard so that we could enjoy the beauty of this sisterhood and be able to pass on the legacy that they passed down to us.
JUNE - Let me ask you a question. If you were in love, would you let your man go? I mean, knowing what you know now about the sorority. Do you think it would have been wise for you, had you been in this situation, to cut your losses and pledge?
OCTAVIA - I'm going to answer you honestly. I thank God Almighty for Alpha Kappa Alpha. In my short life as a soror, I have met hundreds of positive sisters doing an amazing variety of things. I have been able to travel to regional and national events and I am just in awe of the powerful women that have blazed this trail before me. And to think that I may have a chance to be a trailblazer myself, just in the profession of medicine that I have chosen for my life is inspirational to say the least. When I wrap all that up and compare it, I would let a man go. There are plenty of men. But there is only one AKA. If this is your chance, and this is your place, then this is your time.
JUNE - Wow, that touches my heart. You don't know how good it is to really talk to you. Sometimes it is hard to get to know some of the other members on campus because they brush me off.
OCTAVIA - Well, you need to work hard for what you want. I am just being me right now. I said that you could get a chance to know me, and this is the best way to do that. I may not always be this nice. I am a stickler for hard work, discipline and respect.
JUNE - I understand, and I understand what I may have to do in my own personal life if it comes down to that.
OCTAVIA - Yeah, it is a very hard thing to swallow. But life is difficult sometimes.
JUNE - I understand, oh could you hold on a moment, I have another phone call coming in.

(click)

JUNE - Hello.
DERRICK - Hey baby, what's up?

No comments: