Tuesday

Episode 21

We open this week's episode with JASON, QUINTON, LARRY LAR who are all
stunned by the statement that THERESA just made, blowing up JASON's spot.

QUINTON - Excuse me, what did you just say?
THERESA - Huh? About Jason's pager?
QUINTON - No, about him being home with you about an hour ago.
JASON thinks - Oh shit!
THERESA - Oh I'm sorry, were these the guys in your study group Jason?
JASON - Hey guys...
QUINTON - You were fucking lying!
LARRY LAR - HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Oh shit!
JASON - Wait, Quinton let me tell you the deal.
QUINTON - I can't believe you lied! You left us hanging!
JASON - I'm sorry man, I didn't know.
LARRY LAR - HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! I hear it bruh!
HA HA HA HA HA!
THERESA - What is going on?

(QUINTON begins to storm off but JASON tries to stop him from walking off.)

QUINTON - I can't believe this bullshit! Here I am feeling sorry for you and
I'm the asshole all along! You don't deserve to pledge with me, brothers
don't do this to each other.
JASON - Quinton, honestly I had no idea what was going on at the house.
LARRY LAR - HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! So......HA HA HA
HA!.....was it good? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

(JASON looks at LARRY LAR and turns back to QUINTON)

THERESA - Jason, what's going on?
JASON - Quinton, you know I would do anything for you guys, really. I want
to be your brother.
LARRY LAR - HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
QUINTON - You don't know the first thing about brotherhood. I am working
hard to do this and you aren't taking it seriously at all! I can't fucking
believe this!
LARRY LAR - HA HA HA HA HA! Hey J, so was this the reason for the hickies on
the neck? I hear it bruh! Let me find out you a little neck freak! HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA!
JASON - Shut up!
THERESA - Jason, tell me what is going on!
JASON - Theresa, let me call you later ok?
LARRY LAR - HA HA HA HA HA HA! I'll tell you what is going on...you won't
believe this one! This shit is a classic, it's so fucked up it's hilarious!
JASON - Larry please!
QUINTON - I can't believe this!
LARRY LAR - HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!...Wait, how did Reggie get books from
the library then?
JASON - Your gues is as good as mine, and that is the truth!
LARRY LAR - HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
QUINTON - Ok Larry, since you think this shit is so funny, why don't you
tell Jason's friend here exactly what is so funny so she can get a good
laugh too!
THERESA - No, I think Jason should be the one to tell me, and I want to know
right now!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Our scenes change and we join OCTAVIA and JUNE who are talking in the Green
Arts Center.

OCTAVIA - I'm not trying to come between you and your man, but this is a
decision that you have to make. If this is something that you want to do, it
has to be for certain. You cannot be wishy washy on your intent to pledge.
JUNE - I'm not, I want to pledge. I always have. Derrick will just have to
understand.
OCTAVIA - It's a shame that he doesn't want to stay by your side as you go
through this.
JUNE - Well I know he cares, he doesn't want me to get hurt. He has heard
about all the horrible pledge stories of people dying on line and getting
hurt and being hospitalized. Or people changing after they cross. So I know
his concern is genuine for me, and I know that he loves me.
OCTAVIA - Do you love him?
JUNE pauses - Yes I do.
OCTAVIA - Then how do you know that this is the right thing for you to do
right now? Maybe Alpha Kappa Alpha is better for you at a different stage in
your life development.
JUNE - No, this has been in my heart. I do love Derrick but my longing has
been for your sisterhood, your bond and your legacy. I know what it feels to
fall in love and to be in love, it is wonderful. But I can't even begin to
describe what it feels like to see your sisters sing your songs and I am
standing on the outside looking in. I know you can relate to this.
OCTAVIA thinks - You got that right!
JUNE - And that is why I have to do this. Plus, I know Derrick and I think
he is bluffing anyway. He has been playing ball all his life, and I have
supported him throughout his career here at Ahpla. So how is it now he is
going to turn on me and not support me.
OCTAVIA - I understand.
JUNE - I just need to continue to talk it over with him and assure him that
this is the right thing for me right now. I want this so bad I can't breathe
at times when I see an AKA walking across the yard. I have prayed for the
day and studied so that can be me.
OCTAVIA - So you think you are ready?
JUNE - Humbly, I know I am.
OCTAVIA - So there should not be a question that I can ask you that you
won't know huh?
JUNE - There isn't.
OCTAVIA - What chapter was founded by Sarah Merriweather Nutter?
JUNE - Nu, West Virgina State College.
OCTAVIA thinks - Damn!

(JUNE's pager vibrates and she checks it.)

OCTAVIA - Don't tell me you got someone feeding you answers in your pager!
JUNE smiles - No, this is Derrick actually.
OCTAVIA - Oh, why don't you call him now.
JUNE - Well I didn't want to interrupt our conversation.
OCTAVIA - I have heard all I need to hear. Call me tonight at 12:08.
JUNE - Ok.

(JUNE walks to the pay phone.)

DERRICK - Hello.
JUNE - Hey.
DERRICK - Boo, I need to talk to you. I have been thinking about this whole
situation with you pledging. And I was talking to someone else about it as
well. And the more I think about it, the worse I feel. I just think we need
to separate. You can go and do your thing and let me go my way.
JUNE - What?
DERRICK - You obviously have no regard toward what I am feeling about this
so just go and do your thing.
JUNE - Derrick, I love you. Why are you doing this? Can't we work this out?

(JUNE feels the tears coming.)

DERRICK - Boo, I love you too. So much that I can't stand aside and watch
you do this. I'm sorry.
JUNE - Derrick I can't lose you, I love you. Don't leave me! Please!
DERRICK - I'm not leaving because I want to. You are pushing me away. I want
to stay but you are making it difficult for me. It isn't my fault.

silence

JUNE softly - Ok...you win.
DERRICK - What did you just say?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOBBY is driving to ALEXIS's apartment to try and save his damaged
relationship.

BOBBY thinks - Ok, I gotta get my game tight to get out of this shit!

(BOBBY turns toward the campus in order to cut through instead of taking the
local streets.)

BOBBY thinks - Damn! How am I gonna get in good with Alexis and then have a
baby on the way! Damn!
REGGIE - A Phi!

(BOBBY looks in his rear view mirror and sees REGGIE and NINO flagging him
down. He slows down and pulls over.)

BOBBY - Get in.
REGGIE - What's up man.
NINO - Yo, we got a story to tell you! You bout to get crunk when you hear
this shit!
BOBBY - Nigga, aint nothing gonna top what I'm about to tell your ass.
REGGIE - Really? Well check this out. We had the fucking p boys at the house
and this one nigga comes in hella late. So he tell bros that he was in the
library the whole time and he left his books in there. We all knew this
nigga was lying because he had hickies all over his neck.
BOBBY - What?
REGGIE - Yeah, so I go to the library to check where he was sitting, and
sure enough, his books were there!
BOBBY - That's it?
NINO - Oh I guess your story is better.
BOBBY - Nigga, your story aint shit! Check this shit out! I go to
motherfuckin' Trina's house and she drops this bomb on me that she is
pregnant.
NINO - What!
REGGIE - Oh shit!
BOBBY - But that aint all!
NINO - What twins?
REGGIE - Shut the hell up Nino.
BOBBY - I go for a quick walk and when I come back in Trina's crib, Alexis
is there.
NINO - No way!
BOBBY - Yeah, and then they get into a fist fight. Alexis slapped the shit
out of Trina!
NINO - Oh shit! Are you serious?
BOBBY - Hell yeah and then she stormed out!
REGGIE - Wait a minute, how did Alexis know about Trina and where she lives?
BOBBY - That's what I want to fucking know!
REGGIE - Yo man, I didn't tell you this before but at that AKA party, that
nigga Ronnie was hating like shit!
BOBBY - What? What happened?
REGGIE - He was telling Alexis shit about you. Me and him almost got into
it. I was gonna bust that nigga's ass but we were at a soror function and I
didn't want to start shit.

(BOBBY is silent as his rage begins to set it.)

BOBBY yells - Ooooooohhhhh!

(BOBBY stops the car and begins to make a u turn.)

NINO - What the hell? What are you doing?
BOBBY - Yo, we bout to go over to this nigga Ronnie's house right the fuck
now!

No comments: