Tuesday

Episode 14

This week's story begins in the room of PJ and APRIL, where PJ has just walked in on APRIL and KATRICE.

PJ screams - Oh my God!

(APRIL turns and looks PJ in the eye. She quickly jumps up and pulls the pillows she grabbed and tries to cover herself.)

APRIL screams - AAAAHHH!...PJ!

(KATRICE is startled and picks her head up to look. APRIL quickly scoots her body up and begins to look for her clothes. She is still holding the pillows close to her body.)

KATRICE thinks - Damn! Damn!
PJ - I think I'd better leave.
APRIL - No PJ wait, please.

(APRIL pulls on her pants quickly. She hasn't put on her underwear because she can't find them. KATRICE stands and starts to collect her books.)

KATRICE - I think I am the one who should be going. PJ I'll give you a call, ok?

(PJ looks at KATRICE but doesn't answer right away.)

PJ - Uh...yeah, ok sure.

(KATRICE walks out of the room and closes the door behind her. PJ stares at the door, then looks back at APRIL. APRIL is just getting a shirt over her head, then she sits on the bed.)

(silence)

PJ - April, what you do with whomever is none of my business...but, ...are you a lesbian?
APRIL - No PJ, I'm not. I have never had anything like this happen before. I have never even thought about it before. I don't know what happened. One minute we were studying, the next minute...

(silence)

PJ - I don't know what to say. Are you ok?

(A tear falls down APRIL's cheek.)

APRIL - I don't know.
PJ - Um...do you want to talk about it or would you rather be alone.
APRIL - Please stay. I don't want to be alone. I have all these things coming into my mind now. Things I hadn't thought about before this...happened. Like consequences.
PJ - What do you mean?
APRIL - I have never looked at a woman before in my life. How could this have happened to me? And it's not as if I looked at her that way either. It just...happened. Does that make a person gay? And I may have put my chapter in jeopardy over this. What if she tries to use this as leverage to get voted in?

(APRIL begins to cry now.)

PJ - Don't cry, it'll be all right. I'm sure she would never do that, she doesn't seem like the type. I have gotten to know her pretty well by now, well almost pretty well.

(PJ starts to choke up but tries to hold it in.)

APRIL crying - What the hell just happened here? PJ you can't tell anybody about this. You are my closest friend and I trust you. Please.

(PJ can no longer hold her tears back.)

PJ crying - I got your back girl, always.

(PJ sits on the bed next to APRIL and they begin to share in a good cry.)

PJ chuckling through tears - We did have a rule to leave a message on the door if we had company, that way the other one would know.
APRIL smiles - I dare to consider this company.
PJ - Can I ask you something? Personal? I guess we can't get more personal than where we are right now.
APRIL - I know what you are going to ask.
PJ smiling - We always ask each other anyway, so I just figured I'd ask now. Now that the initial shock and the cry are over.
APRIL - Go ahead, ask.
PJ - What's it like? Was it...
APRIL - Good?
PJ - Yeah, I guess.
APRIL - Honestly...

(There is a knock at the door.)

PJ - Wow, I guess Katrice came back, maybe she wishes to talk too.
APRIL - I don't mind talking to her, but not right now, ok?
PJ - That's cool, I'll tell her.

(PJ walks over and opens the door. MONA is standing there wiping away her own tears.)

MONA - PJ wants wrong? You've been crying?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rejoin ALEXIS who has been told by RONNIE about BOBBY and TRINA.

ALEXIS thinks - I can't believe this! This can't be true. How in the world could he find the time to be with someone else? There aren't enough hours in the day. I know where he is at all times. If Bobby isn't with me, he is with the Alphas.

(ALEXIS looks down at her watch.)

ALEXIS thinks - It's been twenty minutes since I paged him, he hasn't called back yet. And I said it was important. I know he is in a meeting now at the house, but he needs to call me back.

(ALEXIS picks up the phone to page BOBBY again.)

Message reads: Bobby, I need you to stop whatever you are doing and call me ASAP! This is a real emergency and it is important. Alexis.

(no telephone ring.)

(ALEXIS picks up the phone and dials.)

NINO - hello.
ALEXIS - Is Bobby there?
NINO - No, can I ask who is calling?
ALEXIS - This is Alexis, who else would it be?
NINO - Oh hey girl. He left a little while ago.
ALEXIS - I thought you guys had a meeting there.
NINO - Yeah we do but Bobby got a page and had to leave. He'll probably be back soon.
ALEXIS - Please tell him to call me as soon as he gets in. It's important.
NINO - Will do.

ALEXIS thinks - He isn't at the Alpha house? That is not like him at all. This is shady as shit!

(ALEXIS checks the clock on the wall. She then glances at her watch to make sure that the clock on the wall isn't fast. Another ten minutes have gone by.)

ALEXIS - I don't believe this!

ALEXIS thinks - I am going to go crazy, I am talking to myself! My baby is with someone else?

(ALEXIS begins to sadden and tears begin to well in her eyes.)
ALEXIS - No fuck that! I aint goin' out like that! I aint cryin' over his ass. If he hasn't called me, then I need to take it to the next level!

(ALEXIS picks up the phone and dials.)

RONNIE - Hello?
ALEXIS - Ronnie, this is Alexis.
RONNIE - Hi, I was just trying to call you back.
ALEXIS - Ronnie talk to me. Are you one hundred percent positive that this is true.
RONNIE - Alexis, I wish it weren't. I don't want to see you hurt but that brother aint doin' you right.
ALEXIS - And this would have nothing to do with the fact that you like me?
RONNIE - Absolutely nothing.
ALEXIS - Where does this female live?
RONNIE - Now wait a minute, I aint tryin' to start up no fights. I don't think you should be going over to her crib.
RONNIE thinks - Yes! Yes! Go!
ALEXIS - You know that aint my speed. I need to confront her on some respect women shit.
RONNIE - I don't know Alexis. That may not be a good idea. Maybe I shouldn't have told you after all.
RONNIE thinks - I am so glad I told her!
ALEXIS - If you are truly my friend, then you can feel what I am feeling right now, and you know in your heart that this is something I have to do.
RONNIE - Trina lives in the Old Gold Manor complex on the far side of town. Her apartment number is 7.
ALEXIS - Thank you Ronnie, I won't forget this. Even if you are wrong.
RONNIE - Like I said, I wish I was.
RONNIE thinks - I am in now!

(ALEXIS hangs up and runs out the door.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rejoin the crowd of Brothers and potential Brothers at the Alpha house.

QUINTON - JASON IS MY BROTHER!

(WHACK)

LARRY - JASON IS MY BROTHER!

(WHACK)

QUINTON - JASON IS MY BROOOTHEERR!

(WHACK)

DONTE - Don't stop now, we just gettin' warmed up!

(REGGIE looks at TREY. TREY looks back at REGGIE.)

NINO thinks - I gotta stop this shit. This has already gone too far.

(The doorbell rings. Everyone looks around at each other.)

DONTE - Stand up and sit down over there.
QUINTON thinks - Thank God.
LARRY whispers - Yo Quinton, this shit aint cool man. Where the fuck is Jason? I can't take this shit man!
QUINTON whispers - I don't know man. But I'm sure he has a good reason.
DONTE - Everybody be cool. I'll get the door.

(DONTE opens the door.)

JASON - Hello Donte, sorry I am late. I ran into some problems on the way. Can I still come in?
DONTE - You most certainly can! Bros! Speak of the devil, look who decided to drop us a visit.
NINO - Oh my God!
TREY - Get his ass in here.
TREY thinks - Thank God, this may have gotten ugly if he didn't show up.
QUINTON - Yes Jason! I knew he would come through.

(DONTE closes the door behind JASON.)

DONTE - Well, well, well. If it isn't Jason. Better late than never, huh Jason?
JASON - I apologize for being late.
REGGIE - Do you know what excuses are?
JASON - Uh no I don't.
DONTE - Well let me show you how we feel about excuses!

(DONTE grabs JASON by his jacket and swings him left and right.)

DONTE - Take this shit off!

(JASON quickly unzips and throws off his jacket. DONTE grabs JASON by his shirt and flings him to the floor, tearing his shirt. JASON springs to his feet.)

NINO - You two just gonna sit there?

(QUINTON and LARRY jump up and stand next to JASON.)

DONTE - Oh no, I want the late one with the excuses.

(DONTE grabs JASON and tears his entire shirt off.)

DONTE - Bros! Do my eyes deceive me? Is that what I think it is?
TREY - What?
DONTE - This dude has hickeys all over his neck. And these were just done.
NINO - What? Let me see.
JASON - Uh no, I have had those bumps for a while.
NINO - No you haven't! These were just done! You can tell.
REGGIE - And look at his back! He got scratches on his back.....(sniff, sniff)....and what the HELL is THAT SMELL!

(QUINTON looks at LARRY. LARRY is still looking at JASON's back and neck.)

TREY - I don't believe this shit. Your boys are getting mad heat for you and you somewhere getting some pussy?
JASON - No, no. It isn't like that at all.
DONTE - Then why don't you turn around and let your boys see your neck as you explain to all of us why you are late.

No comments: