Tuesday

Episode 17

The AKA meeting is about to start.

SYLVIA - Ok, I want to start this meeting by saying I don't like none of these girls!

(Laughter breaks out in the room.)

SULVIA -Naw, I'm just kidding. I know sorors have been able to talk to them individually and I just want to find out what is the mentality of the group. I have only talked to two of them personally.
OCTAVIA - Well why don't you start. Who were the two that you spoke to and what was your impression?
SYLVIA - I spoke to Presjina and Mona. First PJ. I like her. I liked her last year. She is respectful and seems to be the leader of the group.
MAX - Yeah, I like PJ too.
OCTAVIA - PJ is my girl. We became real cool last year, but I remember her saying last year that if she didn't make it, she would never again try.
ASHANTE - Alot of people say that.
OCTAVIA - I just want to make sure she wants it as bad this year as she did last year. That's all.
SYLVIA - Good point, why don't you check that out with her.
OCTAVIA - Cool.
SYLVIA - As far as Mona, let's discuss her last.
ASHANTE - I agree.
OCTAVIA - Ok, let's talk about June. I have had a chance to talk to her. She has a deep passion for the sorority and she has alot of respect. She is having issues with her man who doesn't want her to pledge, but she confided in me. I felt very comfortable talking with her about it. She wants this bad.
MAX - I talked to her too. She studies alot. She knows alot of history. I tried to throw questions at her and she knew her stuff.
ASHANTE - She sounds legit.
SYLVIA - Octavia, you need to keep us posted on her status with her man though. I don't want her to go one way and then change directions on us.
OCTAVIA - Ok.
MAX - Has anyone talked to Katrice?
OCTAVIA - April has. I know she had a study session with Katrice.
ASHANTE - How did it go?
OCTAVIA - I don't know, I haven't spoken to her. Where is April anyway?
SYLVIA - I called her but she wasn't there. That is when I spoke to PJ. I had her tell me her views of the other interests. Of course, she spoke well of everyone.
MAX - Yeah, she isn't going to talk down another interest, even if she doesn't like her.
SYLVIA - Of course not.
ASHANTE - So we need to find out from April how her meeting with Katrice went.
SYLVIA - Yeah, I'll check back with April and find out how Katrice was. And now comes Mona.
ASHANTE - Sorors, I'm gonna be straight up honest. This is a big problem. Mona is legacy. Her mother is active and is one of our chapter founders.
SYLVIA - That means she can be as disrespectful and arrogant as she wants, she will still make line and become a soror. There is nothing that we can do about it.
MAX - That legacy crap is so whack! I hate it!
SYLVIA - You don't realize how much I hate this, this girl got such an attitude with me. Like I wasn't a soror, let alone president of the chapter! I would have never pulled a stunt like that when I was an interest. I just want to get her on line and haze her until she drops!
ASHANTE - Well we aint doing that.
MAX - How about if we get her on line and don't pay any attention to her?
OCTAVIA - I hate to be the devil's advocate here...
SYLVIA - Don't tell me you like Mona?
OCTAVIA - No, not at all. But I know that line will change a person, it definitely changed me. Yall had me and April doing shit I never dreamed I would do. Maybe under those types of situations, she will change and be all about the business at hand. I am just giving her the benefit of the doubt, for all we know, she may be sitting at home trying to think of a better way to approach you Sylvia.

..................................................................................................................................

We join MONA who is in her dorm room trying on AKA paraphanelia.

MONA thinks - How is PJ gonna just play me? I went over there to talk to April, who I know hates me, and she isn't going to let me in? What kind of shit is that?

(MONA puts on an AKA sweatshirt and looks in the mirror.)

MONA thinks - This is phat! This looks so good on me! Pink is definitely my color.

(MONA throws up her pinky and leans back in a pose.)

MONA thinks - I am going to be the flyest soror on this campus!

(MONA takes off that sweater and opens up a trunk with other AKA memorabilia.)

MONA thinks - I'm glad mommy doesn't wear these things often, or she would find them missing!

(MONA puts the sweater back in the trunk and puts on an AKA hat and t-shirt. She walks back to the mirror.)

MONA thinks - Damn, I usually don't even look good in hats and I am still fly.

(MONA throws up her pinky again and gives the AKA call.)

MONA thinks - Practice makes perfect!

(MONA keeps on the hat and shirt and walks across the room to her computer. She logs onto www.skeephi.com, and enters the Chat Room as "AKALADE".)

CLICK HERE TO ENTER INTO THE CHATROOM SCENE...

..................................................................................................................................

BOBBY is standing outside of TRINA's door. He can hear two voices from inside and they are arguing.

BOBBY thinks - What the fuck?

(BOBBY goes to open the door but it is locked. He reaches in his pocket and pulls out his keys. He uses his key to TRINA's apartment. BOBBY walks in.)

BOBBY thinks - Oh my God!

(ALEXIS and TRINA stop arguing to both look at BOBBY walking in.)

BOBBY - What the hell is going on in here?
ALEXIS - You tell me motherfucker! How can you do this to me?
BOBBY - Do what to you? What are you doing here?
ALEXIS - You're supposed to be my man and you seeing this bitch on the side?
TRINA - Who you calling a bitch?

(TRINA reaches across and slaps ALEXIS. ALEXIS is startled for a second but lunges at TRINA.)

BOBBY thinks - Oh shit!

(BOBBY jumps between them but ALEXIS grabs TRINA's hair.)

TRINA - Get off me!
ALEXIS crying and screaming - I hate you bitch! I hate you!
BOBBY - Alexis, let her go! Stop! Let go!

(ALEXIS pulls harder.)

BOBBY - Alexis stop! Stop! She's pregnant!

(ALEXIS stops and looks at BOBBY, and then let's go of TRINA's hair.)

ALEXIS - What?

(TRINA jumps at ALEXIS again but BOBBY grabs her.)

TRINA - Let me go! I'm gonna kill you! Let me go!
BOBBY - Trina stop! Calm down! Stop Trina stop!

(BOBBY holds on to TRINA as ALEXIS is standing there looking bewildered.)

ALEXIS - Bobby, you got her pregnant?

(BOBBY doesn't answer but continues to struggle to keep TRINA off of ALEXIS.)

ALEXIS screams - Bobby I hate you! I never want to see you again!
BOBBY - Alexis wait! Let me take you home! Maybe you shouldn't drive...

(ALEXIS storms out of the door and slams it behind her.)

No comments: