Tuesday

Episode 38

This week's episode begins with KATRICE who is in her room. She has just received a letter from the ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha.

KATRICE thinks - Ok, this is it. Oh my God I am so nervous I can barely open it!

(KATRICE opens the envelope and almost tears the letter.)

KATRICE - Dear Applicant, Congratulations, you have been accepted blah blah blah...Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you Jesus! Yes!

(KATRICE sings out loud.)

KATRICE - I'm gonna be a soror, I'm gonna be a soror! I gotta call PJ right away!

(KATRICE runs to the phone.)

KATRICE - Please let PJ have made it! Oh I am so excited! I can't even remember her number! Damn! What the hell are her last four digits? Oh yeah, six eight two zero. Shit!
KATRICE thinks - I'm gonna be a soror! I'm gonna be a soror!
APRIL - Hello.

(silence)

APRIL - Hello?
KATRICE - Hello is PJ available.
APRIL - No she isn't. Can I take a message?
KATRICE - This is Katrice, hi April.
APRIL - I will tell PJ that you called.
KATRICE - Wait, April...can we talk?
APRIL - What's up Katrice?
KATRICE - I got a letter today. It is an acceptance letter.
APRIL - I know, I mailed them.
KATRICE - I just want to say thank you.
APRIL - Now isn't the time to thank me. Now is the time to get your ass pressed. It's about to be on!
KATRICE - I know. I could sense a difference in everyone's demeanor at the rush.
APRIL - Well now you know why. The time has come.
KATRICE - Well thank you anyway. I wanted to get a chance to talk to you after rush but it started to get so hectic. Then you were gone.
APRIL - Yeah, I aint one for long functions. I say my piece and bounce. So yall best get to know me when I am around. They don't call me Cameo Appearance for nothing.
KATRICE - I understand. Can I tell you something though?
APRIL - What?
KATRICE - You looked really nice that night.

(silence)

APRIL - What?
KATRICE - I hope you don't mind me saying but...
APRIL - Look, I told you before about this. I told you I am through with that and I don't want to talk about it anymore. Here I am talking to you about rush for my beloved organization and you are telling me some shit like that?
KATRICE - I don't mean to be disrespectful...
APRIL - Oh but you were. This is the last time I am going to talk about this.
KATRICE thinks - Damn, I fucked up!
KATRICE - I'm very sorry.
APRIL - I am seeing someone now anyway and I am happy.

(KATRICE feels like she just swallowed a very large rock.)

KATRICE - You're seeing someone?
APRIL - yes.
KATRICE thinks - Dammit!
KATRICE - I am happy for you then. Do you mind if I ask who?
APRIL - His name is Derrick and he is on the basketball team.

(silence)

APRIL - Like I said, this will not be discussed again.
KATRICE thinks - Oh shit, I know Derrick!
KATRICE - You will not hear of it again. Once again...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or the sorority.
APRIL - Whatever.
KATRICE - Can you tell PJ that I called?
APRIL - Stop worrying about PJ and make sure your shit is tight. Like I said before, it's about to be on!
KATRICE - I definitely will. Thank you.

(KATRICE feels like she wants to cry but she doesn't. APRIL hangs up with no further conversation with KATRICE. KATRICE slowly puts the phone down and walks over to her mirror. She stares at herself.)

KATRICE thinks - I can't believe she is seeing someone. And Derrick no less!

(KATRICE snaps out of it and picks up the phone. She quickly dials.)

JUNE - Hello?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As our scenes change, we find ALEXIS at home alone and there is a knock on the door.

ALEXIS thinks - Wow, I hope this isn't Ronnie coming back again. He was just here two days ago and he usually calls first.

(There is another knock on the door.)

ALEXIS thinks - Damn, nigga I'm coming. Sheesh, he is impatient like Bobby!
ALEXIS - I'll be right there.

(ALEXIS speaks as she opens the door without looking to see who it is.)

ALEXIS - I guess it's true that the Ques wannna break down the door huh?
BOBBY - What?

(ALEXIS stops in shock. She stares at BOBBY who she hasn't seen or directly spoken to since TRINA's house.)

ALEXIS thinks - Oh my God.
ALEXIS - What are you doing here?
BOBBY - Can I come in?
ALEXIS - For what?
BOBBY - Come on Alexis, you know we need to talk. And what's this shit about Ques?
ALEXIS thinks - I'd better change the subject.
ALEXIS - Yeah come in. We should talk.

(BOBBY comes in and customarily closes the door behind him.)

BOBBY - So what is this about Ques? Who did you expect would be knocking on your door?
ALEXIS - Nobody.
BOBBY - That's bullshit Alexis, don't lie to me.
ALEXIS - You don't need to talk, I aint the one fucking other people!
BOBBY - This aint about me right now, I asked you a question. And at least I am always honest with you.
ALEXIS - What? That shit aint true. Don't try and turn this around.
BOBBY - I can't believe you got some other nigga coming to see you already! I mean damn, can I get out the hot seat?
ALEXIS - Bobby you left the hot seat when you started to fuck that bitch!

(silence)

BOBBY - So who is this nigga?
ALEXIS - What nigga?
BOBBY - So you are playing stupid with me huh?
ALEXIS - Did you come over here to check up on me or to ask me stupid shit? Because if so, you can take your tired cheating ass on.
BOBBY thinks - Ok this strategy isn't working. I gotta turn this shit around.
BOBBY - I didn't come over here to check up on you. I came over here to talk to you because I love you and I feel like shit. If I didn't love you...if I didn't care, then I wouldn't even be here. But now I here you talking about some Que and I think I shouldn't feel as bad. I know what I did was fucked up, but if you're fucked up too...
ALEXIS - Don't even take it there! I never cheated on you!
BOBBY - How can I believe that?
ALEXIS - Bobby I can't believe you have the gall to come up in here and accuse me of anything!
BOBBY - Well prove me wrong. You didn't arbitrarily mention Ques breaking down the damn door, you were directing that to somebody. Tell me who it is and prove me wrong.
ALEXIS - I aint gotta prove nothing to you. You should just trust me. Kinda the way I trusted you before you tore my heart out!
BOBBY - So you're not going to tell me?

(silence)

BOBBY - Aight I'm out.
ALEXIS thinks - Oh no!
ALEXIS - I thought you wanted to talk?
BOBBY - Yeah I do, but talking is a two way street. We already know that what I did was foul and I am here to face the music and come clean. But not if you won't too.
ALEXIS thinks - Damn!
BOBBY - So I'm gone.
BOBBY thinks - I know this is working!
ALEXIS - Ok, ok! But it wasn't anything, it's just one of my boys and he came over to talk to me. I thought it was him again.
BOBBY - Oh yeah, who?
ALEXIS - Promise you won't do anything.
BOBBY - I promise.
BOBBY thinks - Yeah fucking right!
ALEXIS - No, I mean it Bobby.
BOBBY - I said I promise, now who is it.

(pause)

ALEXIS - Ronnie.
BOBBY - Ronnie? That motherfu...
ALEXIS - You said you wouldn't get mad!
BOBBY - Yo I'm out of here!

(BOBBY quickly turns and heads for the door. ALEXIS grabs his arm.)

ALEXIS - Wait, where are you going?
BOBBY - I can't believe this shit! First I'm gonna fuck him up and then I am done with you!
ALEXIS - Bobby wait! No! It isn't like that! Please!
BOBBY - Get off me Alexis! Let me go!
ALEXIS - Bobby! Wait!

(BOBBY snatches his arm away from ALEXIS. She grabs him again as he opens the door to leave.)

BOBBY - Get off me Alexis? How could you do this?
ALEXIS - I didn't do anything! Come back in here! Don't leave!
BOBBY - Naw fuck that, I got some shit to take care of!

(ALEXIS' neighbor opens the door to see if everything is all right.)

NEIGHBOR - Is everything ok?

(ALEXIS lets go of BOBBY's arm.)

ALEXIS - Uh...yes, everything is fine. Thanks.
BOBBY - Yeah it's cool.

(The neighbor slowly goes back inside.)

ALEXIS - Bobby please don't leave!

(BOBBY turns and walks away.)

BOBBY thinks - Oh this shit is beautiful. She is so worried about me going to kick Ronnie's ass, that gives me plenty of time to go and see Trina. Damn I'm good!
ALEXIS - Bobby!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next we find SPHINXMAN #1 LARRY and SPHINXMAN #2 QUENTON. They are practicing their greetings with BIG BROTHER OSIRIS.........

BIG BROTHER OSIRIS - Start from the beginning. A, phi, oh, six.
QUENTON #2 - I knew this bad Alpha man he was...
LARRY #1 - Whoa!
QUENTON #2 - I heard he crossed those hot burning sands I mean...
LARRY #1 - Whoa!
QUENTON #2 - He travels with that oak and that pine I'm sayin'...
LARRY#1 - Whoa!
QUENTON #2 - He spits at the honies looking fine like...
LARRY #1 - Whoa!
QUENTON #2 - You might see him chillin' with the bros like...
LARRY # 1 - Whoa!
QUENTON #2 - Or all up in the stepshows saying...
LARRY #1 - Whoa!
QUENTON #2 - I know this brother's ice cold like...
LARRY #1 - Whoa!
QUENTON #2 - And I know he wears that black and old gold like...
LARRY #1 - Whoa!
LARRY #1 and QUENTON #2 - Greetings Big Brother Oh Oh OOOOsiris! You're that ice cold brother unlike no other! You got that stroke...
LARRY #1 - ...and that aint no joke!
LARRY #1 and QUENTON #2 - And every day that you pledge us, we sphinxmen often think! That you may take the time to teach the riddles of the sphinx! Could you please! Could you please! Huh? Huh? Could you please!
BIG BROTHER OSIRIS - Hell no! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! That wasn't bad. Do it again. A, phi...

(REGGIE and DONTE walk into the room.)

BIG BROTHER OSIRIS - Don't you see your dean coming in the room? Yall better great your Dean Hermakis before it kicks off up in here!

(SPHINXMAN #1 LARRY AND SPHINXMAN #2 QUENTON prepare to do DEAN HERMAKIS' greeting.)

DEAN HERMAKIS - Shut up, don't greet me. Sit down, we need to talk. Don't greet Ezah either.

(Everyone sits down.)

DEAN HERMAKIS - Ok listen. You sphinxmen know that we selected you for line for a reason. That reason is that we saw qualities in you that are the good makings of an Alpha man. Some things needed to be worked on, but at least the potential was there. Do you understand that?
LARRY #1 and QUENTON #2 - Yes Dean Hermakis!
DEAN HERMAKIS - Well, we also saw those qualities in another man. But do to unforeseen circumstances, he was not permitted to begin the pledge process with you guys.
QUENTON #2 thinks - Jason!
DEAN HERMAKIS - There were circumstances beyond our control that dictated the fate of this young man and we were forced to proceed without him. Sometimes the train leaves the station without you. Yall following me?
LARRY #1 and QUENTON #2 - Yes Dean Hermakis!
DEAN HERMAKIS - However, we as a brotherhood rallied behind this unfortunate soul to pull him amongst the ranks of these hallowed halls. The brotherhood has selected to make Jason a welcomed addition to your line. Spring two thousand will have three.
QUENTON #2 thinks - Yes!
LARRY # 1 thinks - Huh?
DEAN HERMAKIS - It will be your responsibility to make sure that he is pulled up to par. He needs to be at the same speed that you two are at. Everything you know, he has to know. If not, you will have me to answer with.
BIG BROTHER EZAH - And me too dammit!
QUENTON #2 thinks - Oh shit!
LARRY #1 thinks - That shit aint fair!
DEAN HERMAKIS - Do you have any questions?
QUENTON #2 - Yes Dean Hermakis, I have a question.
DEAN HERMAKIS - What is it sphinxman?
QUENTON #2 - Jason is shorter than me. Will that mean that I will lose my number in line?
EZAH - Nigga you aint a deuce yet! You aint worthy!
DEAN HERMAKIS - We will cross that bridge when we get to it.
QUENTON #2 - Yes Dean Hermakis.
DEAN HERMAKIS - Any other questions?
LARRY #1 - Yes Dean Hermakis. When will Jason be joining us?
DEAN HERMAKIS - He is being summoned as we speak.

(JASON is in his room and he hears singing right outside his door.)

JASON thinks - What the fuck is that?

(I got a feeling...I got a feeling brothers...I got a feeling...somebody's trying to sneak in my frat...and there aint gonna be no shit like that!)

JASON thinks - Is this some sort of joke?

(I got a feeling...I got a feeling brothers...I got a feeling...somebody's trying to sneak in my frat...and there aint gonna be no shit like that!)

(JASON gets up and goes close to the door to hear better and it sounds louder. He opens the door.)

NINO - Hello Jason.
JASON - Uh...hi.

(NINO walks into JASON's room without being invited.)

JASON - Sure come on in.
NINO - Cut the sarcasm motherfucker, this aint no social call. I pulled mad strings for your stupid ass so listen up.

(JASON shuts up.)

No comments: