Tuesday

Episode 10

We pick up our story this week in the IVY Tower where KATRICE is tutoring APRIL in calculus.

KATRICE - I really appreciate the fact that you let me speak to you openly while we study and not like a prospective for your organization.
APRIL - Well I thought that it would be a better learning environment that way and you could get to know the real me if you weren't nervous or anything.
KATRICE - Well I can't say that I am not nervous at all.
APRIL - It's ok, really. All I know is this trig stuff aint happenin' for me and I have been neglecting my grades all semester. Now it is finals time and I need like a high B just to pass the class. I haven't gotten a high B all semester. I hate this shit. I knew I should've...
KATRICE - Wait hold on, don't start getting frustrated. You can't understand the way that these numbers and equations work if you are all edgy. Just calm down.
APRIL - Honestly I don't know if I can. Octavia has been telling me to pay better attention to my classes and I didn't listen. So have Max and Sylvia. My mother is going to kill me if I fail.

(KATRICE stands up and walks behind where APRIL is sitting.)

KATRICE - Just calm down ok.

(KATRICE places her hands on APRIL's shoulders and rubs hard one time.)

KATRICE - Wow, you are really tense. (I can't believe I am doing this.)
APRIL - Yeah oooh. That makes it feel better though.
KATRICE - Well let's take a fifteen minute break. Just put your head down for a minute.

(APRIL puts her head down and KATRICE massages APRIL's shoulders.)

KATRICE - You aren't going to sleep on me are you?
APRIL - No not at all. That feels great. Can you get my upper back as well?
KATRICE - Sure no problem. (Hell yeah!)

(KATRICE places her hands up the back of APRIL's shirt and begins to rub her upper back.)

KATRICE - How is that?
APRIL - Good but can you push harder?
KATRICE - Sure, but wait. Lie down, that would make it easier.

(APRIL moves to the bed and lies face down. KATRICE straddles her back and pulls up APRIL's shirt. She pull it right over APRIL's head.)

KATRICE - Is that better? (Oh my God, I am about to go crazy)
APRIL- Yeah that is much better. Let me know when fifteen minutes is up. If you don't, I'll lay here all night. I haven't had a good back rub in a long time.
KATRICE - Sure. No problem. (All night is really no problem.)
APRIL - So tell me about yourself.
KATRICE jokingly - I thought this was a friendly visit.
APRIL - No, it is. I mean in general. Not prospective answers. Like what are you about?
KATRICE - Well I love math, obviously. (If you only knew what I was about.) And actually I have really been focusing on your sisterhood. But this is a friendly visit so I won't go into that. I do study hard though and I have dreams of being a mathematician. Like Archimedes, you know?
APRIL - Archie who?
KATRICE - Archimedes. Famous mathematician from back in the day. Like way back in the day.
APRIL - Oh. Oooh that feels good. Is fifteen minutes up, I hope not.
KATRICE - (Damn, it is.) Actually it is, how do you feel?
APRIL - Let me find out this is the best massage I have ever gotten.
KATRICE - Well good. Turn over.

(APRIL turns over and closes her eyes as KATRICE strokes her shoulders. KATRICE moves APRIL's bra straps out of the way and APRIL brings her arms through. KATRICE notices that APRIL's eyes are closed and moves her face closer. She massages her upper arms and neck toward her chest.)

KATRICE - How is that? Nice?
APRIL - Very nice.

(APRIL raises her arms above her head and her bra moves up. KATRICE moves her hands down the length of APRIL's arms and to her chest, down her chest and to her breasts lightly. KATRICE removes APRIL's bra and hopes that APRIL doesn't stop her. APRIL doesn't.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are next in GINA's apartment where she is on the phone with MAX.

GINA - Yeah soror, it looks like we both did have terrible Thanksgiving experiences.
MAX - Well at least you were home and were with family. That should have gotten your mind off Miri.
GINA - Yeah but honestly it didn't. I was mad when it all first went down but now I really would have liked to have heard from him. I mean, maybe I was wrong for not telling him I was a soror. But I was afraid that this very thing may happen.
MAX - I can understand what you are saying, but in my mind it isn't your fault. You should not have to feel ashamed or our sorority at any time and for no man. If he can't respect you for who you are, the AKA that you are...
GINA - But that is it. I think he does...or can respect me. I know he can. It is just that he is hung up on the greek thing and he was hurt when he found out. Especially the way that I told him, I could see that he was hurt in his eyes.
MAX - The only eyes that I have been looking into were my dad's. And that aint pretty the way he stares me down. I knew I shouldn't have gone home. It was drama from the beginning.
GINA - Oh yeah, Sylvia was telling me about that situation. He wants you to join his firm or something.
MAX - Yeah but I got a second interview that he doesn't know about with another architectural firm. V. Woodson Tandy International.
GINA - Is that your dad's competition?
MAX - Yeah but it isn't like I would be competing with my dad over any bids. Not me personally.
GINA - But wouldn't you be helping the company grow that is competing with your dad over bids?
MAX - I just know my dad and I don't want to work for him. And Tandy International is talking about a great package to get me to come.
GINA jokingly - Yeah because they know they got the enemy's daughter.
MAX - Ha ha, yeah right.

(GINA's doorbell rings.)

GINA - I wish I had something to laugh about. Hold on, someone is at my door. Who is it?
Oh my gosh, sign here? Ok thank you. Hello Max, Oh my goodness, I just received a florist of roses!
MAX - What? Miri?
GINA - It has to be, only he knows where I stay, oh wait, here is a note.

EVENTHOUGH AND NOW
EVENTHOUGH I love to dream I hate going to sleep.
For moments we shared in my dreams are moments I can't keep.
EVENTHOUGH you lie next to me we're separated by much.
For in my sleep I don't recognize the magic in your touch.
EVENTHOUGH I love waking up to the sunrise in your eyes,
I hate the fact that even today exhaustion will arise.
EVENTHOUGH I love the feel of your warm slumber against my skin,
I pray that GOD would rush the morn' so I can kiss your lips again.

AND NOW this trance is my enemy for when I try to sleep,
all I do is think of you or write poems while I weep.
AND NOW I lay in question. Is the night always this long?
I never knew how in love I was 'til the first night you were gone.
AND NOW I understand the eve and so my heart is torn.
I know now that I slept, only to appreciate you in the morn'.
AND NOW I've learned the hardest lesson engraved upon my heart.
That eventhough sleep was hard when we were together, it's worse now that we're apart.

I am not sure I understand or will ever understand all that you are about, but your mystery keeps me and holds me and I yearn to learn. Sister maybe if we can just talk, you can make me understand. I apologize for the way that I said the things that I said. That was uncalled for and disrespectful. I would never speak to my mother that way and you deserve no less. Can you meet me a Pharoahs tonight?
MIRI

MAX- Damn! Gina, what do you think?
GINA - I aint thinking nothin', I'm getting dressed!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our scenes change to the Alpha house where we find BOBBY, REGGIE, NINO, DONTE, WIL and TREY talking.

BOBBY- It has been 92 years brothers and this great fraternity is still going strong.
DONTE- True that, I can't wait for the year 2006!
TREY- Why, is that when you graduate?

(All the brothers laugh.)

DONTE- Very funny motherfucka! I see you got jokes.
TREY-Ha ha ha, I'm just playin' bruh. Ha ha, but why are you even here? Ha ha, didn't Bobby suspend your old ass?
DONTE-Whatever! You think I'm payin' attention to his ass? He knows good and well he can't suspend me.
BOBBY- Legally I can't, but on the real, you need to check how you treatin' these p-boys. And you need to start thinking before you just go and start doin' shit.
REGGIE-You need to take your own advice on that bruh.
BOBBY- Excuse me?
REGGIE- Nigga you heard me. You need to check how you treatin' your girl. You got me runnin' around like an ass trying to find you and you hugged up on Trina. Then almost get me in a fight with Ronnie over this shit.
BOBBY- Hey what I do with my girl is none of yall niggas' business. I appreciate you coming to get me though, don't get me wrong.
DONTE-Yeah Bobby, how you gonna talk about me? You talking out two sides of your neck. You know that Alpha men are men of distinction. You need to come correct with your girl.
BOBBY-Alpha men are also of scholarship so you need to graduate.
WIL- I think he has a point Bobby. If a brother aint doin' right, it is the responsibility of the brotherhood to pull him up.
BOBBY- And who are you to talk? I aint seen your ass since the frat was founded. And you know we can't possibly win chapter of the year without your help. You are the damn chapter historian. How you gonna leave us hangin' and then show up for one meeting trying to pull anybody up?

(Telephone rings)

DONTE- Hello? What? Who is this? Ok you got 30 minutes to get over here with a pizza. Sausage and pepperoni. Heinekens too. Wait, hold on a minute...

(DONTE cover the phone and looks back at BOBBY and the rest of the brothers.)

BOBBY-Ok...but when they get here, I call the shots. No nonesense.
DONTE- You got 29 minutes left, bye.
NINO-Word! It's on.
BOBBY- But like I said...

(BOBBY's pager goes off.)

Hey baby, this is Trina. Come over now, I got a surprise for you.

No comments: