Tuesday

Episode 2

We pick up our story in the IVY Tower Dormitory... in APRIL and PJ's room.

(telephone rings)

PJ - Hello.
MONA - Good evening, is April available?
PJ - No she isn't may I take a message?
MONA - PJ?
PJ - Yeah who is this?
MONA - What's up soror, this is Mona.
PJ - Girl are you crazy? What did you call me?
MONA - (laughingly) I called you soror. What's the matter? You don't think you gonna make line this year either? You need some confidence like me! Cause you know I'm down!
PJ - OK first of all, you need to check yourself talkin' that way. Because don't nobody know nothin'. Trust me on that. Secondly, with the way that April has been acting since she crossed, she probably has this phone tapped and the conversations going right to the AKA National Headquarters or something. So quit using that word until you are one.
MONA - PJ please! My mom basically founded the chapter here at Ahpla. So how they gonna turn me down? Mommy told me the deal.
PJ - Mona...forget it. I see your going to learn the hard way. (laughing)
MONA - Well don't tell April that I called. I don't want it to seem like I am pressed or anything, leaving a million messages. You know?
PJ - Unfortunately girl, I do.

---------------------------------

Changing scenes, we are now in the gymnasium of Amgis College where The Amgis Blue Devils are playing The Ahpla Angels in basketball. It is the fourth quarter and The Blue Devils are leading The Angels by 2 points. There are 7 seconds left in the game.

COACH JOHNSON - All right guys, here is the play. DERRICK, you come off the screen left and you should be open for the jumper.
DERRICK - But COACH, I can back it up and hit the 3 pointer for the win. I'm feelin' hot and I know I can sink it.
COACH JOHNSON - Listen son, if you always play to win, you sometimes play to lose. Now you listen to me. Sink the 2 point basket, and we can beat these guys in overtime. Now ready.... Break!

(Referee blows the whistle. The ball is put in play.)

DERRICK - I'm off the screen! Hit me!

(The ball is passed to DERRICK. The clock is down to 4...3...DERRICK takes 1 second to back up behind the 3-point line...2...DERRICK shoots...buzzer!)

ANNOUNCER - And that ends our game folks! Your Amgis Blue Devils defeat The Ahpla Angels by a final score of 80 - 78! What a game! Congratulations to our true blue home team!......

(DERRICK stands there just looking at the basket. CARYN approaches)

CARYN - I guess you don't make'em all huh? I think it was a good shot though.

(DERRICK is silent)

CARYN - Listen, I know the bus doesn't leave here until the morning. So what's say you and I hang out and I can make you feel better. I know you are feeling down and from the look on COACH JOHNSON's face, you're gonna be feelin' worse pretty soon.
DERRICK - Don't you know about JUNE?
CARYN - I don't see no rings on your fingers! Besides, I just want to make you feel better. Maybe a nice massage. Here is my room number, 1906. You'd better go now.
DERRICK - Yeah, I gotta go.

----------------------------------------

(Phone rings in WIL's apartment. TREY is there.)

WIL - Hold on sands, let me answer this phone.
TREY - Aight Bruh.
WIL - Hello?
QUINTON - Uh, good evening. Um is WILLIAM TOUHMAN available?
WIL - Who is this?
QUINTON - This is QUINTON PARKER. I am a sophomore majoring in...
WIL - Did I ask you what your major was? Why are you calling me? Who are you? What is this call about?
TREY - Yo Bruh, who is that?

(WIL covers the phone)

WIL - Some perspective guy calling about the frat!
TREY - Oh yeah! Ha Ha!
WIL - Well answer me!
QUINTON - I'm sorry sir...Uh I was just... I mean I didn't mean to... I mean...
WIL - What? What do you mean? Can you complete a sentence? Are you calling about the fraternity? If so, then just say that man!
TREY- Ha Ha! Ha Ha HA!!
QUINTON - Yes sir, that was what I was calling about. I was calling to see if we could possibly meet sometime and discuss your fraternity.
WIL - First of all, stop calling me sir! This aint no military regiment! And do you know my sands Trey Donald? Why not? Before you meet me, you'd better know all about him!
QUINTON - I know that TREY DONALD is from Virginia.
WIL - No fool, I'm from Virginia and TREY is from Seattle. Look get your act together and call back when you are truly about the business of this fraternity!
TREY - Ha Ha! Ha HA! HA HA HA!!!

(WIL hangs up on QUINTON)

TREY - Yo, that was mad funny.
WIL - Yeah but was I too hard on him?
TREY - Naw, he deserved it. Like I'm from whack-ass Virginia! Anyway, you ready to go to step practice? NINO must be there by now.
WIL -Naw I aint going. I need to do some stuff here.
TREY - What? How you gonna yell at perspectives about being about the business of the frat and you aint going to meet up with Bros? You know how important this is and you know how NINO is.
WIL - Man, whatever! Get out my face with all that! I've paid my dues. Now I got other things to do.
TREY - That is bullshit. You don't pledge this frat and then do your 1 or 2 years and that's it! You pledge this for life my brother! Or at least some of us do.
WIL - Yo kid, don't tell me about how I pledged aight! Just go 'head to your step practice.
TREY - Yeah sands. I just might do that. Step!

No comments: